2018 FIFA World Cup

No Coutinho in the team yet they include Paulinho and Neymar, amazing.

1 Like

True that.

He carried Brazil’s attacking threat for most of the tournament.

@AbouCuellar: I expected more from KDB, was incredibly poor against France. Probably gave away the ball the most in the whole team, play broke down around him for fun.

Neymar ahead of Perisic? Bollocks.

Any best team with Ashley Young at LB isn’t to be taken seriously :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I disagree. He was overly direct in that game at times, I agree, but still had some very dangerous crosses that almost resulted in goals, and a nice key pass/touch to Hazard to set up an important chance. His worst game of the tournament, but I was watching it with a French friend and he was scared every time De Bruyne got the ball because of his directness and verticality, although, like I said, I agree, he was pushing it sometimes a bit too much. But “incredibly poor” is definite hyperbole, and he was class in every other game.

We’ll agree to disagree.

He didn’t carry last seasons form into the tournament in my view, although this may be in part to the wrong system being implemented by Martinez.

Coutinho missing out stands out like dogs balls, was absolutely fantastic IMO.

1 Like

Some record in finals!

4 Likes

Could he win The Ballon d’Or? Cannavaro and Sammer managed it.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy: He done everyone.

5 Likes

Haha how on Earth did that manage to go so far?!

Literally everyone was tweeting it, all big media outlets included – so I didn’t think to doubt it.

Good work!

Good for you.

2 Likes

That’s actually sensational work :joy:

1 Like

Wait what, so the actual team of the tournament has yet to be announced? :laughing:

So unfortunate that Ballack’s English is limited or he could overtake Lalas’ spot easily.

There must be a lot of times that Ballack was thinking, “why am I sitting here with Lalas??”.

Apparently they don’t announce team of the tournament, didn’t do it in 2014.

Sounds weird, but is Neymar actually underrated?

https://statsbomb.com/2018/07/the-great-neymar-debate/

Hope he can accept MbappĂ© as his equal this season, don’t like the sounds that have come out about his treatment of the young genius. But they are both top 5 in the world.

1 Like

So much for Willian being considered to hold up the play then.

1 Like

Who said that?

Not a go at you, been mentioned by others in various threads.