Aaron Ramsey

Needs to grow that bear back ASAP the fuckin nonce

Would rather he grew a pair of ballz

:joy:

3 Likes

Aaron wonā€™t age well

that is a bit of a random comment, why do you think that?

Just a hunch

Main thing Ramsey needs to do this season is continue his improvements in his all-round central midfield game. We shouldnā€™t be focusing on the bonus of his late forward runs. Itā€™s never a priority for him in his role at Arsenal. His defensive work and positioning has improved drastically this past season. Long may that continue, because without that heā€™s pointless for us.

Tbf, Ramsey is the one who stands to gain most from Emeryā€™s system, it is basically ideal to enhance Ramseyā€™s (numerous) good qualities, and mask his weaknesses. Likely to be our best player (along with Auba) this season again if he stays healthy.

4 Likes

Thought that was fucking van persie when I first looked. Donā€™t worry though @SDGooner it didnt make me want to close the thread.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

The Giroud thread is still open though.

Iā€™ll take your word on that.

My word, Iā€™ve just realised the club is in a really poor position with Ramsey.

At this point, we either stand to lose a Ā£40m+ asset for free or are forced to pay over the odds to keep him here and thereā€™s absolutely nothing we can do about it. Damn

2 Likes

Contract management under Wenger was really bad wasnā€™t it?

6 Likes

Definitely

4 Likes

Hopefully heā€™s the last player we find ourselves in this position with. Weā€™ve really screwed ourselves.

The rumors that we are sounding out a loan move for Andre Gomes doesnā€™t sound especially encouraging for Ramsey staying. :disappointed_relieved:

Letā€™s say Ramsey has a good start to the season and In Jan he asks Ā£350k. Do you give it?

Iā€™d rather lose Ramsey on a free then commit to paying him 70-80 million over four years.

It would be a really bad investment to put Ramsey on that kind of contract. Heā€™s too much of a hit and miss player for me and hasnā€™t pushed on like I thought he would from that 13/14 season. And his injury record doesnā€™t make for great reading.

5 Likes

Crazy. Heā€™d have to be the absolute heartbeat of the team and fearless fucking leader. And even then iā€™d stretch to 180-225 max. 350 is insane.

4 Likes

Only if he hits his 2013-14 form WITHOUT any hint of hamstring niggles.

But even then probs not I guess.

Think itā€™s time for him to sign the fuck up, Wenger really fucked us with this contract issues.

2 Likes