Aaron Ramsey

Why does it have to be that he dropped Ramsey. Maybe he’s just rotating like a normal manager and after trying to shoehorn Ozil out wide he didn’t feel like doing the same with Ramsey and he also wanted to give Xhaka another chance.

Everything has to be extreme nowadays.

7 Likes

Every fucking thread I seem to read you’re in it making derogatory references based on where people are from. Are you a fucking moron? There’s no fucking need.

1 Like

Post has been edited.

It’s Welsh sheep shaggers, not rats. Get it right man! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We need to get him to sign. This system suits him perfectly and his best years are ahead. It’ll be a mistake letting him go.

Welcome along mate.

I’m actually in the other camp and I’m at peace with letting him go. I think the club made a huge mistake not cashing in on him last summer to be honest because it doesn’t really seem like there’s been a point in time where he’s on the brink of signing a new deal.

I’m one of the few who doesn’t value Ramsey and thinks he’s just grossly inconsistent.

Thanks mate. I used to be a member a few years ago as “crazy gooner” but due to inactivity I believe it was deleted.

Whilst I value Ramsey, I agree with your points of why we should have probably let him go and mainly because of the transfer fee. We could have replaced him.

1 Like

I like Ramsey, but I do sometimes wonder whether part of the reason is because where Arsenal are concerned, my standards are low.

We have so many average/underwhelming players, that anyone who shows even a glimpse of being above that level is a bright spark who we should move the earth for to keep.

3 Likes

We moved over to a new board mate so everybody’s account got deleted. Welcome back though, glad you’ve managed to find your way back!

1 Like

Ramsey seems to leap from flavour of the month to scapegoat more than most, it’s hard to keep up

2 Likes

I’d like to keep him but he’s not worth this fuss and the saga he’s creating.

He’s not that good. Ideally he realises the lack of interest in him and will come back and accept a lower offer

1 Like

I’m not 100% certain he wants to leave yet. He’s doing what’s rational for his best interests and taking advantage of the situation. Why commit now when he can get himself a better offer from the club 6-7 months down the line? Exactly like a certain German at the club did.

With regards to of he wants to leave. I have a similar view to @SRCJJ

1 Like

I’m in 2 minds. He isn’t a world class player or close to it. But at his best has decent end product and helps stretch teams with his runs. But he isn’t as good offensively as Dele Alli and isn’t a midfield general either.

For me that isn’t the sort of player who’s worth 200-300k, which I suspect he’s holding out for. But then again maybe he is because 300k a week would be 60million and 200k a week is 40million over 4 years contracts. That cost is probably less than the fee, say 30-60m, and wages, say 20-30m, of a replacement.

On the other hand he’s the type of player who impedes the teams style of play imho. It’s a tricky one. And the question is which other top club would he actually start at? He could replace Pogba if he goes but why not just give Pogba a bumper pay rise? I can’t see him starting at Chelsea or City. Maybe in a 3 man unit for Liverpool. When you think about it we’ll probably offer him more than anyone else because we need him more. So I think he re-signs

Reminds me of when Barce publically said they wanted Sol Campbell and we beat them to him.

2 Likes
1 Like

China it is then.

no fucking way is he worth 300k+ a week, if he wants that he can go elsewhere there is nothing in him that makes me think he is worth 300k a week. TBH i think 99.99% of our squad should be nowhere near that sometimes i feel even ozil hasnt been worth that.

1 Like

The Ramsey situation has really become a disaster.

We now have a player demanding an obscene wage package only for the elite players in this leauge. Your Hazards, De Bruynes, Kantes and Salahs etc. As it stands Ramsey is nowhere near that level and his injury record is quite abysmal and cant be relied upon.

Just because we bottled the Mesut case and gave him way above market value salary doesnt mean we should repeat the same failure.

Ramsey is very much replaceable and a winger would be a much more intelligent investement squadwise. Either way we will loose big on this saga, no matter what the final outcome will be.

1 Like

He’s a decent player but far too inconsistent for a top European club.

It’s becoming obvious that he and his agent are just milking this situation and, like many of our previous players, are just taking advantage of the clubs naivety and stupidity when negotiating contracts.

He’s seen Ozil become our highest paid player, probably earning twice what Ramsey earns, but Ramsey actually believes he is worth a lot more than his level of ability would suggest.

We should have sold him in the last window when it was clear his greed and ego had far overtaken his talent.

If it comes down to him demanding anything over 250k (give or take, that’s a figure I’ve plucked out the air) then we should tell him to do one. I suspect that if we take a hard line with him he might blink first when he realises he might not be flooded with better offers. But if I’m wrong on that, fine, he’s not irreplaceable.

A line in the sand has to be drawn at some point. Sign the contract or ride the bench and then you’re welcome to go to whoever will take you after a season of relative inactivity. I like Ramsey a lot but I’m not having it from him.

8 Likes

Offer him 180k - 220k max. If he says no then fuck him off as well. Fuck all them off. Times are changing and it will just give us more room for Unai to bring his players.

1 Like