Aaron Ramsey

If we had the makings of a competent approach to the transfer market I’d be happy to take the financial hit and see the back of him tbh

1 Like

I’d actually be alright with losing him on a free and picking up Doucoure

2 Likes

I don’t want to lose him on a free, simply because he and his agent would pocket more than 20m from his signing on fee at a new club, which is money we should be getting, especially after sticking with him after injuries and poor form.

Watford would want Mega money but I’d pay it for him. Guy is class and I wanted him signed this summer aswell

The wages is surely a smokescreen, we’re now in a perpetual cycle of losing our best / better players to the smaller but richer clubs above us in the pecking order, one of whom will surely find a spot for Ramsey.

Fast forward 12 months, 18 months and this same vitriol will be directed at a current fan favourite like Aubameyang when he wants out. Or Guendouzi when he gets over the initial excitement of being here and has his head turned by Chelsea

Now we’ve slipped to being a recognisable 2nd tier team in our own league, rather than ‘one of the big 6’ this won’t go away

2 Likes

Seriously doubt that from Auba lol.

Get a grip. Ramsey is nowhere near our best player.

1 Like

He’s streaky and during some of those better spells has been among our better players. If you want to do the latest hatchet job on an Arsenal player soon to be leaving the club, you could pick an easier target to work with than Ramsey

Hah, i don’t doubt it in the slightest. If / when he wants out he’ll get the same fan treatment every other player has who’s wanted to move on as opposed to be moved on

He’s 29 and we just signed him 8 months ago. Auba isn’t going anywhere.

How shit has the general level of our players become when people get a little bit worked up over a player like Aaron fucking Ramsey or even Theo Walcott in the past. It’s harsh, this new reality.

2 Likes

Remember the “sign da ting” era? We were desperate to tie Lolcott down to be the highest earner at the club :mustafi:

2 Likes

Embarrassing times for this great club. Walcott had us under a barrel ffs and we all celebrated when he signed it :no_mouth:

1 Like

:mustafi:

1 Like

Would be seriously pissed if Ramsey leaves. I’m no British but you need a British veteran in a club like Arsenal. If not for his quality. People forget that Ramsey on his day is absolutely unstoppable. Will never forget a GK during the 2013-2014 season doing the sign of the cross just at the sight of Ramsey making a run at him.

So one fluke season out of 10 years?

Yeah let’s be honest how often does a game finish and we’re raving about how fantastic Ramsey was? Not often at all tbh.

He has more average games than good games.

6 Likes

Even if we acknowledge his strengths, we can setup our team with a different set of midfielders & get better results.

I really don’t care if he leaves. More often than not, having him here pose confusion.
Start him as b2b or upfront or as an auxillary attackers?

Just sell him off imo.

7 Likes

TBH, am not too bothered by the Ramsey situation as am really not convinced he is that vital to this team. He certainly is not the star of the team, like Sanchez or RVP before him. So if we were to lose him, I wouldn’t be too bothered. Maybe I am just indifferent after years of disappointment but whatever the case, I don’t think Ramsey is a player we will miss too much.

But that is the reason we have had a regime change at the club, to arrest our slipping profile in the league and rebuild the team back to being one of the contenders. If Emery does the job that he was hired to do, 18 months from now, if not sooner, we should be moving in the right direction again. I don’t think the management of the club, as unambitious as they are, would be happy to see us drop to the level of Everton and Crystal Palace.

2 Likes

A few seasons ago it would have been ridiculous to think we would be a genuine sixth place club with only the Europa League as our main aim in Europe.

I don’t think we’re going to let Everton or Crystal Palace overtake us, but since Kroenke has taken over we have got more used to being nearer mid table than challenging for the PL title.

1 Like