Alex Iwobi

Hope he’s used well this year. No need to burn a kid out to develop his game. He can make his impact in bursts.

3 Likes

Only time he shouldn’t be starting is when Alexis and Ozil both are. He’s our most creative player after them.

4 Likes

Big season ahead for him. Looked promising during our pre-season.

“I like the fact that he can play in tight areas, that he turns the game forwards, that he’s very mobile.

We forget sometimes that Alex is still a very young player and that there’s a lot more to come from him. There must be a lot more to come from him because he has more personality in the game now.

“We expect him to be more efficient in the final third offensively, because you feel there are goals in there and assists too.

“They have to come out. Add that to the fact that he allows the team to play very well and he will be a top-class player.”

68 posts were split to a new topic: Is Alli one if the best young players in the world?

I like Iwobi, he’s probably one of the best 25 youngsters in world football

2 Likes
1 Like

Baller. Great finish too, he used to be weak in front of goal, another Wenger creation :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Used to? He still is till he does it on a consistent basis.

Great finish though. Thought he was great today!

At times yeah but he cost us in some big games last season going for precision instead of power. Today his finish was spot on

Excellent play, Good goal but a shot straight at the keeper shouldn’t be considered a good finish imo.

https://streamable.com/2xyod

2 Likes

True.

Watching the replay in the pub I was shocked the keeper didn’t save it, it was literally just a bit above where his head was.

1 Like

@Leper Does it make sense now?

Hope this goal is gonna be a great confidence boost for him.

Nonsense, the keeper came out to cut down the angle and he hit it with power. The finish is fine.

1 Like

Didn’t rate the finish either, but he gets in decent positions and I suppose they all count.

I really like his gun celebration.

P.S. It went in so good finish, Alex. :stuck_out_tongue:

Goals get lashed in like that by the likes of Aguero all the time and no one says anything about the finish. He took it well.

4 Likes

Yea can’t see the issue with the finish at all, he readjusted himself to ensure he got maximum power and he really gave the keeper no chance.

1 Like

The finish was that of a Gunman

1 Like