Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Probably like that.

I personally think Wenger has to responsible of his unsuccessful development.
Everytime when he got injured, he had to rush back and play. If we had a bigger squad, we don’t need to rush him (or anybody) back and give them enough time to recover.
Unfortunately, our penny pinching manager never equip the team with enough players. When A got injured B stepped up. When B injured, we never had a C and had to rush A to come back.

Last season we predicted it would be Ox (and Theo) last season with Arsenal.
Hopefully this is really the last one, if they stay. This is no good for both players and the club.

Having three players for every position is a bit of a over exaggerating though. We would have a squad of 33 players…

We can only register 25, that’s why we need healthy ones.

I trust in Oxlade. He has the qualities to become a key player for us if he will return to play with the intention to model his football style.

His speed, change of direction and long shot are three important qualities.

1 Like

Sure he has his qualities, but his final third contributions are really lackluster for the past several years.
He can’t cross, nor an assist man, his passing is average
He can’t split the defense by his dribbling skills and speed
He has a hard shot, but shoots without accuracy, never a scorer
He had flashes here and there once in a while, but same applies to every player
The only consistency he has, is his injury record
Seems like it is pretty easy to get your trust :wenger:

This is the year for Ox, him and Theo gonna rek some nubs.

There’s nothing I would like more A4TT, but sadly I’m tired of waiting for Arsenal player X to finally show their POTENTIAL.

I think @Mysty that the player who bursted onto the scene 5 years ago is still the same guy, he still has explosive speed and power but he hasn’t grown in intelligence and looks like he hasn’t learned anything in 5 years.

4 Likes

Come on Ox, redeem yourself.

Keep him. We need as big as squad as possible with our annual injury crisis imminent.

I still think he has a future. At least he will be more useful than Walcott too.

P.S. If Jordan Ibe went for 15m then Oxlade is worth 30m.

1 Like

Personally think last season was bottom of the barrel stuff and he won’t ever sink to those lows again. Campbell will likely be sold this transfer window so we need to keep cover for those wing positions. I don’t see him occupying a first team place at the moment but he would be useful as a super-sub runner until he picks up any consistency.

1 Like

Not wishing to be rude or anything, but who were you on the old Forum @YJYUX ?

I wonder if Ox hangs on at our club long enough like Theo to be rewarded with a Testimonial.

1 Like

Told ya, this is only the beginning for Ox. Beautiful goal. He’ll do that a couple times against lolpool in a few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah maybe he’ll reach a personal best of 3 goals in total for the season.

4 Likes

I didn’t see the match but I’ve seen the goal since then. Fantastic finish

1 Like

Why oh why do he have to waste 1 of his couple of goals for the season in a Pre season friendly ?

I think this is a make or break season for Ox…has had plenty of chances in the last few seasons and hasn’t delivered on a consistent basis. Needs to score alot more goals and be consistently good. Ball retention for me is a big weakness of his still which needs to be addressed. Personally I wanted a new winger and would have sent Ox out on loan to give him first team football each week but that looks unlikely, so hopes he takes his chance this season. Seems like a great lad, liked by the other players but now needs to deliver for us this season. IF this is Wenger’s last season then I doubt that a new manager would show the same level of faith in him as Wenger has over the last few years.

Looked good and up for it, capped his display with a great goal. Couldn’t of asked for more from him today.

More of the same please.

I think everyone said the same thing about Ox last season & will likely say the same thing this time next year when he has another disappointing season… No season is make or break at Arsenal, we accept mediocrity.

3 Likes

That’s harsh mate…he is a young player who has suffered from injuries - don’t forget he is only 22. The fact that we purchased him when he was young and hance he has been at the club for a few years now shouldn’t count against him. BUT he doesn need to start to deliver. I disagree that we accept mediocrity - we don’t want to become Liverpool and shell out millions of pounds on loads of new players who don’t actually improve our squad. We need to add quality to our squad.

1 Like