Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

You’ll get no argument from me. Kola needs to be given a chance to show what he can do.

35 million a steal for a player that’s English and has " world class potential" as you say ? Is this the year 2010 :eyes:

1 Like

Worded it wrongly, 35m is a steal for us as he’s worth around 20m

Surprised you only value him at 20 million, considering you always talked him up as world class.

I found an error in my ways and Ox was an easy character to like and didn’t like the hate for a player at the time was getting good numbers in limited time, so I defended him

As much as I love and rate Ox, I’m not that mad about this. We have Bellerin, admittedly he’s been really shit lately but he can improve. Not to mention Nelson looks like a fucking G and he really needs a look in at the first team. Plus we could easily acquire a guy like Mahrez. It’s a position we have a lot of options in. I’m much more alarmed that we are even entertaining the idea of selling Mustafi, that’s just insane.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’ll score a goal or two against us when he plays but I’m glad he’s gone. He really came to symbolize the Arsene 2.0 era. He seems like a nice guy, the rap (at least on Twitter) was that he was quite sensitive to the criticism in the press, got no coaching direction and plateaued as a result.

He was absolutely awful at times and should be pretty embarrassed about the way he played on Sunday. Even Nasri turned in a few decent showings before we sold him to City that August.

Hopefully he gets an earful when he comes back with Chelsea but he’ll almost certainly have the last laugh.

funny how his last goal for us was against Chelsea… lol

I am past caring who stays and who leaves this circus of a club of ours. Having said that, I always liked the Ox and although he was no where near the stand of player we should be aspiring to have in the first team, I still think, in his new role, he put in more good performances than awful ones.

The thing is, we are most likely to feel his loss almost immediately because his replacement, Bellerin, will only need a few minutes to show us how clumsy he is on the ball.

1 Like

There is zero point in celebrating this sale until we substantially increase our overall transfer spend this window. Although I’m a huge Ox critic, I find no satisfaction in selling a player if there is no plan to replenish the squad with other signings in return for his sale.

There’s a handful of days left. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Because we basically had no other option available. Typical Arsenal.

Our LB was playing at CB and our LWB was on the bench. All whilst our most expensive CB was also sitting on the bench.

5 Likes

Oxit.
I like it.
Soon we will have Alexit, Ozexit and Musta be an exit.

2 Likes

Great signing for Chelsea, I can see Conte turning the Ox into the best Rwb in the league by the end of the season, if he can stay fit I wouldn’t be to surprised if he hits similar numbers to last ssn (6 Goals & 11 Assists) while he’s at it too.

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/902433664503566336

1 Like

I agree.
I know a lot of people on here don’t rate him but I think with the right manager he could become a top player.

Its not like Wenger is going to replace him with anyone better.

What was it Wenger said about not being a big club if you sell your best players, especially to rival clubs?

How small does this make us look?

2 Likes

And even if he does any tactical discipline they have will be trained out of them within the 1st 6 months anyway :facepalm:

This really pissed me off, when did Chelsea actually bid for him??

ORNSTEINNNNNNNN

FORTY MILLION POUNDS :joy:

2 Likes

If he is worth 40, Alexis is worth 100.

I find it hard to laugh knowing where they will be at the end of May and where we will be. Even if it seems a lot of money to some, they are doing whatever is necessary to stay competitive and defend their title.

4 Likes