Alexis Sánchez

Inter Milan are hoping to lure Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez to San Siro before the transfer window closes on August 31, according to reports in Fichajes.net.

The Chile international, 27, is currently in discussions with the Gunners about extending is contract at the Emirates, which runs until the summer of 2018.
However, the Serie A club would have to fork out €80m to land the player, while also paying him wages of €8m-a-year, a record for the Italian top flight.

No problem, we need cash to buy players :wenger:

We could sell him and then have 240 million in cash reserves that we wont spend.

5 Likes

Was that directed at me? Did you start just call me an arsehole for pointing out he did not contribute regardless of cf or not? I would like to know? The thing is about OA which is the reason I don’t post much is when you convey a message that is unpopular people name call you. The thing is that he played and did not do fuck all look on the breakdown on the clubs webpage and you can see how garbage he played. It was just as bad as theo’s Manu game that got him slated. 17 passes 53% accuracy tells you all you need to know. He was really bad for me all there is to it he should be criticized as well strong text

What a big trophy that would be for the AKB’s!

2 Likes

I wish the CF experiment continues.
Such change of position need little time to work.

Above all the guy is not match fit.

1 Like

You’d rather that over just forking out proper money for a top quality striker ? wow

Who said that?

" I wish the CF experiment to continue "

So?

He was poor, but he has it in his locker to be WC and has proven that and has played for us extremely well for long, consistent stretches (he has had his patches of poor form, yes). In general, he is not remotely comparable to Theo and even when Alexis has a bad game, he shows fire, desire, and hustle - Theo at his worst shows the absolute worst attributes of a sportsman. They are night and day to me.

I expect he would have preferred you to say “Of we can’t sign a proven striker, I wish the CF experiment to continue”

1 Like

We’ve spoken about this before but I don’t think it’ll be a success man and we really don’t have the time to put into it.

Considering how competitive this season is a run of bad results could see us out of the top four, not to mention we really should be past having someone “do a job” at the ST position.

It’s 4 years since RVP left and we still haven’t adequately replaced him, Sanchez is not the answer just like Walcott wasn’t. I know this may be a novel idea but how about we just buy the striker rather than all this converting nonsense?

2 Likes

Alexis to me is just arshavin with a better workrate/attitude, definitely one of my least favourite players

Well that’s not true because actually Theo did play better on Sunday and that was Sanchez’s worse game in an arsenal shirt; he did nothing to actually contribute to the game

The comparison was to Theo’s horrid non-show against ManU, not the game last weekend. Theo was pretty dire on the weekend as well, but put in a nice finish (he also missed a pen). Either way, he has offered very little over the last couple of years and Sanchez has been one of our best players at times during that period.

Even if we conceded that Theo was better last weekend, Theo wasn’t great and it is a sample size of exactly one. If you are arguing that Theo contributes on average more than Sanchez, then we probably are just looking at football completely differently. Like I said, it is night and day imho (and that includes Sanchez not being great for us during certain games).

No one seems to care that Alexis doesn’t want to play in that spot…because you know…he’s a wide midfielder that thrives on having space to run in to and cut in to. But wtf this is Arsene-al. Let’s go Gibbs up top (he started as a striker) and just reverse the defense and midfield so we have a Kos led midfield and an Ozil led back 5.

A quality player that gives his all every match, has a ride or die attitude, works incredibly hard off the ball is one of your least favourite players.

Considering you defend Wenger frequently it totally makes sense since Sanchez is the complete antithesis to him.

3 Likes

I’d rather just stick Walcott upfront. We’d have the same effect in the striker position, but wouldn’t lose a goal threat on the wing. At least right now we really can’t give up another goal-scorer to an experiment.

4 Likes

He’s just so frustraiting in the same way that arshavin was just he makes up for it by trying harder, I don’t dislike him just not in my top 5 current favourite players