Alexis Sánchez

Not surprising really. Arsenal is a huge question mark at this point and Mkhi being pushed into such a weird deal gives Raiola all the power to negotiate the best contract he’ll get.

Also a shame that we’re not freshing up the squad at all. In 2 years time we’ll have another rebuild ahead of us as almost the complete attacking line (assuming Özil stays) will be in their 30s. This is such a weird change as far as team building goes.

6 Likes

Sell Sanchez and tell Raiola to fuck off. Get Malcom! Enough of this fucking crook. Mafioso di merda!

2 Likes

That has ‘one that got away’ written all over it now…

Club needs to show way more ambition with these prospects and not mention interest 5 years down the line.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s Raiola’s fault to be honest. It sounds like we are the ones playing hard ball and are asking for money in addition to the player

This is partly why I think all the praising of Sven is mostly BS. Seems like Wenger is totally behind these short term moves in order boost his chances of making top 4 and using that to justify his next extension.

He isn’t buying credible first team talents for the future because he knows he needs results now

11 Likes

Raiola said he wants Mkhitaryan to get paid like Alexis :xhaka:

I think everyone involved knows that isn’t going to happen.

But no one can blame him for wanting the best deal for his player*

*himself

Raiola wants the best ideal for himself. He always gets a fee for selling a player.

1 Like

Yep is becoming quite evident this is the case, that line from Ornstein about Malcom being deemed too inexperienced is just stupid.

There’s no long term planning being taken into account in this window, just Wenger trying to ensure he doesn’t wind up with egg on his face at the end of the season.

4 Likes

I want to see Wenger go on a good note so I am alright with us going Galactico in his final year.
I hope we do.

Bring on Kross, Isco, Ronaldo, Fabinho, Lemar, Bonucci, Chiellini, Buffon, not Draxler, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette, Ozil.

1 Like

I seriously doubt the new senior arrivals into the club are that much under the increasingly loosening grip of Wenger as you’re making out. Gazidis has really done a number on him over the last 6 months. But whatever the truth is, we’re going to sign Aubameyang and Mikhtaryan which is what matters

2 Likes

Why didnt Wenger buy someone for Ozil and Sanchez to play with for 3 years then? Im not giving him credit for shit in the transfer market. Since Sven came in, we immediately got linked to some decent players and theres talk of a keeper in the summer too.

4 Likes

He’s buying now because there’s a good chance they’re both gone come summer and also to salvage a season that could be an utter embarrassment.

I don’t think Sven is waiving a magic wand either, he may be telling Wenger they are both ultimately worth it but this has Wenger all over it.

3 Likes

Shows Wenger is still calling the shots when it comes down to it imo.

‘inexperienced’ :arteta:

Also, can easily see us keeping Sanchez and ending up with nothing in this window, look how long it is taking getting this deal done, sounds like dithering…

Only when he leaves will MilniLAD and the other guy be truly balling for us.

1 Like

Since when has Wenger ever thought this far ahead? I don’t know what’s going on but a lot of this is very un-wengerlike. I definitely thought it was Sven magic but now we are passing on Malcom and that to me feels very Wenger. Maybe a power struggle has begun?

1 Like
5 Likes

Lol that’s actually a pretty hilarious tweet:

“Yeah I said he can fuck off, but…I’ve said my misses can fuck off and 3 hours later I’m all up in there”

“I loved this man like cook food” --> what a simile!

6 Likes

Surely Troopz’ 15 minutes of fame must be coming to an end soon :pray:

2 Likes

I hate these people

3 Likes

FFS! He is staying lol! Our club would be a joke if it happened.