Alexis Sánchez

I thought it was some slang I didn’t understand due to being old and was encouraging others not to ask either to hide our embarrassment. :grin:

2 Likes

I can’t be as mad now as I was back then and there’s several reasons.

Greed and financial doping are well on their way to ruining the sport tbh. It’s a no brainer, you can’t blame Alexis for leaving when he is going to triple his wages and get a huge signing on fee. It’s not as big of a slap in the face because we know it’s just a money grab. In what alternate reality did anyone imagine that the likes of Barca would be losing their best players to the PSG’s of the world because of greedy players, agents, and shady bordering on illegal under the table deals?

Alexis has also arguably come here and accomplished his mission. He’s helped us win some silverware, and helped us go on a historic run in the FA Cup, so I’m thankful to him in that regard. He’s brought us a lot of joy, whereas RVP never accomplished shit, and ran away when the chips were down.

When RVP left there were so many variables that really made it heartbreaking, so in my mind it’s very different. He left us when we needed him the most, peak banter years and we needed him to help us end that trophy drought. All those years sticking by the guy through injuries and he repays us with a slap in the face, and rubs salt in the wounds with that unnecessary incendiary letter. He left us for the biggest villain in the PL in United and SAF who already had a fucking dynasty going. I cannot respect a man that takes the easy way out like that.

12 Likes

Good. Would have been comical if he had played today.

Says someone who hasn’t chated to any City fans. I’ve been on all those forums and their by far the worst of conspiracy theorists out there. They think Alexis deserved some debt of loyalty to Guardiola and he ‘betrayed him’. Throughout the summer and up until last week they kept repeating ‘we can offer what we want, he only wants to play for Guardiola, if Arsenal don’t like it we’ll have him for free’. They now think they took a moral stand by not paying extra for Alexis because they’re not about the money. They keep calling Alexis greedy because he chose Uniteds big money offer over theres.

Everyone who doesn’t agree with them is a Rag, a name they give to United because about 120 years United were a poor team who had rag like kit. If their own fans aren’t mental enough they call them undercover rags. They call the media ‘The Rag Media’. They’re also generally far thicker than other groups of fans. They all think the media is against them constantly. They like to boast that their record signing is only 60m because they do things the right way now apparently.

The Alexis thread is about 5000 pages btw and there still replying every couple of minutes because they were sure he was signing. They’d had his best goals on constant loop. Apparently he’s as good as Henry and Suarez as well. That’s how invested they were in this transfer.

Now forums are generally more extreme than average match going fans but that place is a mental asylum.

6 Likes

I agree.
It set a precedent.
I never thought Wenger would sell any decent player to a rival club after he sold Cole to Chelsea.
But to sell the best striker in Europe to Man U, especially with Ferguson as their manager, and handing them the PL title on a plate, was unacceptable.

Although Sanchez was the PL’s best player and we have sold him to Man U, yet again, with an even more obnoxious manager, this had an air of inevitability about it.

Wenger is a loser, with a loser’s mentality, and as long as he continues, our best players will see thorough his facade of mental toughness and leave.

It’s unbelievable that we have lost another world class player to our rivals but it was all too predictable.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t judge football fans by any online presence. We would easily he the biggest cunts around if people thought Arsenal Twitter was wholly representative of our fan base. Besides, I don’t know of Man City fans, where as I personally know Chelsea, Spurs, and Liverpool fans who are unberable when it comes to football.

1 Like

From my experience, RAWK is the worst (only read it). Delusion at their best.

1 Like

Man City fans genuinely ain’t bad in person. Salt of the earth.

1 Like

Yep. If you didn’t know any better, you’d think that they have won the league several years in a row with a few CL titles thrown in.

Very cultish fan base.

1 Like

Yeah, they are just happy with Klopp behaving like a clown on the bench and some big wins.

FIFY

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/IndyFootball/status/954768298679459842

May as well just move this lads. He’s gone

@Bl1nk isn’t as eager when it comes to moving outgoing players lol

4 Likes

Ha. This clown has been repeating it will be decided in the next 24/48 hours every day since Bournemouth last week.

1 Like

Lol

Also shots fired

Check replies. Chilean Bellamy :arteta:

9 Likes

Sneaky chilean has been put in his place :mustafi:

“Let me think…yes”

So fucking muggy hahaha

4 Likes

Delived with that urbane demeanour of his. The man has aplomb.

Oh fuck off. It’s a mutual relationship player and club have. For the players to perform to the best of their ability and for the club to provide an environment to compete for CL/PL. One party is not meeting expectation. For players like Wilshere I get the sentimental BS. Sanchez was a hired gun for us too.

1 Like

Is there video evidence of this? :syringe::syringe: