Alexis Sánchez

That pretty much confirms what a lot of us thought already.

Sanchez and Ozil would have stayed if Wenger had surrounded them with some more top quality players.

As usual, top players ambitions are far higher than Wenger’s.

4 Likes

Pires spot on. We had many transfer windows to strengthen around Sanchez and Ozil. They got tired of being surrounded by lesser players so to speak.

Can almost gaurentee that if we had bought decent players for them to link up with, they’d not want to go anywhere. Wenger just doing things his way and putting two much emphasis on those two to perform every single game, hence why we are where we are.

5 Likes

News to literally nobody.

Ozil and Sanchez were signed to plod along top 4 as long as Wenger wanted to stay and that’s it.

Same as Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang will be.

And the board are indulging his BS. True change and truly looking forward to a shift in fortunes will only occur once Wenger leaves.

1 Like

It’s not just that we didn’t strengthen, but we didn’t make any effort to strengthen either.

If we’d spent money in that Cech window bringing in some talent, even if by now it didn’t work out that would have at least been a show of ambition and looking to the future and that this is a club that is trying to improve.

When you have a club that has a squad that needs improvement and the outcome is “this is fine for now” then players that want to be the best should rightly question that.

Walcott for example has done fuck all this year. We knew he was going to do fuck all this year, so why weren’t we actively looking to move him out and move his replacement in the summer?

I don’t think you need to spend big money but if something isn’t working you need to be active and change it.

8 Likes

Posted 3 times in 3 different threads lol!

Ornstein runs OA Luca :wink:

1 Like

He didn’t talk to him. Speculation.

Basically Pires just repeated what the WOB said in the past few years…
NOT STRENGTENING, star players would go.

1 Like

“If done, no significant funds available for further signings”.

So £50-60m is our entirely budget. Even after selling all the players we’ve sold and getting their salaries off our bill.

Either we’re getting fucked on wages by Mkhi and Auba or something is just crocked with the way we’re run financially.

2 Likes

probably will be told that the money in the bank is an ‘insurance’ over the stadium debt and the new building projects that they have got going on going forwards like the new boxes in the stadium etc.

I don’t know why they had to say anything anyway. It’s not like the fans were expecting anyone else to come in after Mkhitaryan and Auba.

Now they just look like bloody liars!

Only 2 words for Arsenal management…
Fuck you.

1 Like

Well CL is worth 30m or more. Ticket prices went down too from EL.

Our expected wage bill i guess is Coq -70k Theo -110k Alexis -140k, Auba +180-250k, Mkhi +180k, Wilshere pay rise imminent (guess up to +50k) and hopefully Ozil (+100k) probably Ramsey (+50-80k), so i guess if you try you can just about justify it.

Why are we listening to sulky Pires who left Arsenal because he got subbed off in the Champions League Final?

https://twitter.com/Aaronsenal/status/955184414023143424

1 Like

Good riddance.

Alexis was one of my favourite arsenal players but for me we have upgraded.

Mkhi and Auba in for Walcott and Alexis? Yes please

1 Like

Maybe.

I feel like people undervalue the ability to really create something from nothing as often as Alexis does. I have no idea wtf Mkhi is right now and Auba is going to need a functional attack to perform like he has done for Dortmund.

I’m not so sure how this is going to work out for us but I’m 100% sure Alexis is going to kill it for United as long as he stays fit.

2 Likes

Yeah he’ll do great for Utd but it won’t hurt like RvP did. Everytime he scored for them was like a dagger to the heart :joy:

2 Likes