Alexis Sánchez

I’d be a lot higher on these signings with a different manager at the helm.

There’s no doubt we’re going to miss Alexis’ ability to create something from nothing under a manager that relies so heavily on individual brilliance rather than team cohesion and a well organised system.

At first look I very much like the idea of Laca, Ozil, Miki and Auba in one squad but I don’t trust Wenger to get the most out of them at all but hey here’s hoping.

4 Likes

He’s been heavily involved with the club since then and shows no signs of being sulky or bearing the club or Wenger any will over it, so I don’t think that should be used as a way to dismiss his comments.

4 Likes

And the subsequent reaction in the RvP thread was like being knifed in the eye.

1 Like

That Sanchez ‘kiss and tell’ story is actually hilarious, a cracking read :joy:

He was forced out you know. :flushed:

1 Like

Alexis is a great player, absolutely no question, but…is he a great player for Arsenal…now that’s altogether different…
Yes, he scored some fantastic goals, and put in some truly wonderful performances, but at the same time, he was sulky, moody, extremely selfish, and for me, he never came across as a team player, all he was worried about was Alexis…For me, keeping Ozil and Wilshire was far more important.

Now, if we get Mikhi and PEA, then this has been a very good transfer window, and makes us a much better team…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, rather enjoyed that one, especially Sánchez’s romance talk in english. :joy: Also more proof that most footballers have shit taste (tbf to the little weon, Mayte is top)

Seeing this photo hurts…didn’t think it would.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t think it would bother me much but seeing him in a United shirt will always annoy me.

The direction this club is heading in, we need to get used to this shit. We cannot/will not be able to hold on to our star players until we start winning the trophies that really matter and we won’t do that under Arsene.

And who knows, maybe for us, Mkhitaryan will turn out to be the player we all know he can be and that might ease some of this pain.

1 Like

Seeing Sanchez in a United shirt doesn’t annoy me in the slightest compared to van Persie, but in fairness that’s probably a reflection of my much reduced interest level in the club and sport in general since that time

11 Likes

Not annoyed at all, tbh. Fabregas and van Persie hurted me more.

5 Likes

I think it would annoy me, if we weren’t getting a player in return.

6 Likes

I can’t speak for you, but I cared a lot more about van Persie as a player than I do Sanchez. I actually felt like van Persie was one of our own which has never really been the case with Sanchez. We had van Persie since he was a pup, and I think it was that move that made me truly realise these days there’s no player who wouldn’t fuck off to a traditional rival if it suited them.

So that, in addition to what you’ve said, is why I don’t care as much.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t care either. Had a couple of Man United fans text me that picture. Think they wanted a reaction rather than a thumbs up emoji.

My reason isn’t due to a lack of interest in football though. It’s a lack of interest in Sanchez.

If we get both Aubameyang and Mkhitayran, as well as Ozil signing a new contract, I think we will be a better team.

Sanchez is a great player, and that’s why Man U are making him one of the highest paid players in Europe.

It’s also fair to say that he carried us in a lot of games and, along with Ozil, was responsible for getting us top four places.

But with a combination of Ozil, Lacazette, Mkhitayran and Aubameyang, we won’t have to rely on the individual skill of Sanchez, and will become a better all round team.

6 Likes

With a little more ambition from manager and board we could prevent these situations in the future. Obvious for all that we needed reinforcements to improve our team and keep our stars happy. Just getting to the CL second round is not enough for WC players.

4 Likes

Not official yet? Can we get rid of him? I am fed up.

Surely you can be patient ? I’ve been fed up with Wenger for 6.5 years and he still hasn’t gone yet :rofl:

1 Like