Alisher Usmanov

Reports saying Usmanov to put money into Everton.

What’s the bet he makes it his life’s work to see Everton finish above Arsenal :joy::joy:

3 Likes

If I had his money I would make it my life mission to crush Arsenal.

1 Like

But but he’s a massive Arsenal fan and loves the club. Why would he do that?

:arteta:

3 Likes

GET OUT OF THE ARSENAL SECTION YOU FRAUD!!!

1 Like

For a moment, I thought someone from Arsenal Fan TV had hacked into your account Sham :wenger:

I returned to work after almost 2 weeks off today. I’m a tad on edge :smile:

In baseball, only 5 or so teams exceed the luxury tax limit - and basically only 3 really do in any meaningful way (Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers).

In NBA, the Denver Nuggets are around middle of the pack when it comes to spending luxury tax, around 12th out of 30 teams in terms of luxury tax paid over the past 12 or so years.

In the NFL, it is a salary cap - there are more complex rules around it, but generally speaking teams have to honor it.

This rhetoric around Kroenke is overblown…

What’s not overblown is the track record of how many major titles teams have won under his ownership.

2 Likes

no disagreement there, but some sports are dominated by very few serial winners.

And you have the sense that Kroenke or his son is prepared to go all the way or have the knowledge to install a management team at Arsenal that can make us contenders again? I really don’t.

2 Likes

No but no owner really does frankly. They have to hire good people who hire good people. Sports are rife with activist moron owners and they are horrible more often than not, mitigated by those situations where they throw their own money away.

1 Like

It’s Charlton. Imagine he brings them back to the PL haha

1 Like

I can’t say I’d want such a lovely club run by such a shady cunt, but their current owners have done a huge amount of damage to Charlton and their standing with fans and the community. On a purely footballing level of his would be fantastic for them.

1 Like

We can finally send them Jenkinson back.

It seems like he will take over a slice of Everton. I wonder if they will become a new version of Chelsea, City, but there are several clubs like that already in the league.
(Incidentally, I’m in the camp that would have wanted Usmanov to take over Arsenal.)

3 Likes

Just seen this fat fella’s high on the rich list.

Wish he’d bought Kroenke out :pensive:

2 Likes

He’s like a James Bond villain :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

More like a Star Wars villain

3 Likes

He might be a villain but he is a successful villain who wanted to buy the club and make us successful.

You don’t get to be a billionaire by being Mr Nice Guy, even though Richard Branson tries to.
Just because Branson he wears big fluffy jumpers and smiles a lot, some people are fooled into thinking he’s nice, when in fact, he’s as ruthless as the next businessman.

There’s a very good reason Kroenke didn’t sell to Usmanov, and that’s because he knows he can make a fortune owning us, with minimal investment.

2 Likes

He could have made a fortune by selling us. Literally hundreds of millions of it.

1 Like