Anyone remember my divorce post from the original forum?

OK guys.

Some of you may remember, some may not, but early this year I made a post on the old forum about some marital issues I was having at the time, I asked for some general advice etc

Anyway, the separation did happen, at my wifes request, its been a difficult few months, but its looking like the dust is settling now, Im moving into a new place after some temporary accommodation in the next few days, the kids are starting to adjust to our new lives etc etc and yes it is difficult some days, mainly because of the nastiness that comes out from both of us at times, I suppose the ultimate nail in the coffin for me was when I found out she had been cheating for several months a while back, I knew then that things could never repair themselves.

Time moves on, things change etc

So, fast forward, I get talking to an old school friend, and she has been through similar, we spend many weeks talking etc and both of us are coming from divorces in recent times, so it is complicated etc, but there is definitely something there between us, but, we’ve both been talking and we have decided that despite both having feelings for each other we need to keep things under the radar for the time being and just enjoy each others company etc before making the next step, both need to sort our shit out etc!!

I always knew she was keen on football, but, never realised that she is actually a Gooner, so we have decided to book up for the League Cup against Southampton in a couple of weeks time, really looking forward to it!!!

So in essence, I have come out of a complicated marriage, and looking forward to the future, with new hopes etc and possibly with a lady who is also a huge Arsenal fan!!!

Just goes to show, there is always an upside to every downside in your life!!

:slight_smile:

25 Likes

Nice. Glad for you James.

1 Like

Well done, mate. Hope it works out.

1 Like

This post has made my day. Delighted for you mate. Well done.

1 Like

Are you both AKBs or WOBs though. Needs addressing mate.

7 Likes

Thanks, fingers crossed for the future, see how it develops :slight_smile:

How’d it go in the end?

3 Likes

2-0 Southampton.

14 Likes

I’ve been married for 35 years and I only now realise what the priest meant when he said he said to me quietly before the service ’ you only get 15 years for murder and you can be out in 8 on good behaviour’ Nice guy that priest wonder why he left the church :thinking:

5 Likes

Nice one by your priest, Kramer from Seinfeld also has a good take.

1 Like

Good for you man. Bounce backs always feel the best.

I’d do a count and see if all the lads in the choir are still singing from the same hymn book.

Strong call back. Add to your tight five.

Ha ha