Are things really looking that bleak?

Since the confirm of the acquisitions of Perez and Mustafi, I don’t know why and if the events were connected, but Sanchez has returned to tweet and to post images about Arsenal.

With Xhaka, Mustafi (one of best friends of Mesut) and Perez, they are satisfied and look happy.

1 Like

I agree that Mustafa was a great signing, in fact the best signing we have made since Sanchez, also Xakha looks to be the DM we have been waiting for since we had the likes of Petit and Vieira.
I just hope Perez was the right decision by Wenger, and not the panic buy a few of us think he might be.

At least he is a different striker to Giroud, and has pace and a bit more skill, so he might be what we have been waiting for.

1 Like

Yikes, get a hold of yourself.

So you slander me, disrespect me and character assassinate me on a public forum for daring to share my opinion about a player…and you insult me and my upbringing and background when you know sweet fuck all about me. Then you go on to call into question that because I am half cast that it doesn’t make a difference. So you basically say all that shit but yet don’t even stop to think how that makes me feel when half of my family are from Jamaica and 3/4 of my extended family are black…this is your response, fuck off you despicable prick!

1 Like

I didn’t do any of that. You projected that on yourself and now you’re really really mad because you wanted to be really really mad. In summation, I didn’t say anything offensive or insulting, but you thought that what I did post meant that I had insulting or offensive intentions. So instead of just reading the words, you decided to paint a picture based on what you read. You painted a really ugly picture that came out of your own mind.

I won’t pretend to know what might be going on with you or why you’re acting out on an Internet message board…

Just read those words above. Just read them. Don’t make anything up in your mind about what I might really mean or what my intentions are…because that’s called hearsay. And no one can hear or say what’s not there to be heard or said.

3 Likes

You patronising motherfucker…me making something out of nothing huh, dont treat me like a child i know what you said and you played the race card and it is something i find something disgusting. You are a typical narcissist. You can never admit when you are wrong, you say stuff fully well knowing what you said, you get a justified reaction then you act like the victim, you are the lowest of the low

[[quote=“morrisc311, post:541, topic:184”]
I’m getting some tinges of racism here? As I can’t think of anything that is “off” about him? Do you not like his face??? Weird
[/quote]

So how is that not calling me a racist even with you trying to be somewhat subtle about it?

You think in your snake like insidious words i cant see what is behind them, i have dealt with fuckers like you in my life before you are a snake, you say stuff which is totally out of line then upset people refuse to apologise or admit wrongdoing instead you get worse and then have the audacity when someone gets mad to play the victim like a little bitch…you are a really sad loser and a really toxic nasty person. It goes to show by your constant negativity i have never once met a person that is negative about everything and moves the goalposts on their thoughts to just stay negative about things that are worth being around, just an empty shell of unhappiness.

4 Likes

Which makes Arsenal’s consistency all the more remarkable. Yes, the Premier League did change the financial dynamic. What also changed the financial dynamic at the very top was oil. Chelsea struck it at just about the same time that Arsenal was shifting their financial focus to building and paying off a new stadium. Combined with United’s muscle, that made it quite difficult for an Arsenal club with financial limitations to compete. Yet, they did. A few years later, Manchester City was out shootin’ for some food and up through the ground came a bubbling crude. That made things that much more challenging. Yet Arsenal has managed a record over the past decade that all the other English clubs envy. To portray any part of the past decade as “bleak” is just silly and ignores both history and reality.

3 Likes

Its one way to look at it. The other is that he never once broke above our level in 10 years… consistent, yes. Champion? Never in that period and frankly rarely above our pay grade. Given towards the end we had plenty to spend and enhance our chances, I don’t think the record is as impressive.

What is bleak is the insufficiency of aggressiveness and ambition for the last x number of years. What is bleak is seeing us make the same dumb mistakes and persist with the same inadequate or injured players. What is bleak is going into the season knowing we aren’t in it for the title and equally knowing we could do more; in investing, tactics, and man management.

What is bleak is this football purgatory we have been in… having said all that, I am resolved to being optimistic given our last flurry of signings and look forward to watching football rather than getting frustrated over the summer. I still want Arsene’ gone, but I’ll support the team every time out and want us to win the quadruple until we can’t.

3 Likes

There it is…lil ol Arsenal…the 7th biggest club in the world…we’re such scrappy underdogs.

5 Likes

Nearly three years on since this thread was made and those dark clouds hanging over the Emirates appear to be looming more than ever. I’m geniunely beginning to wonder if there’s any positives we can take as an Arsenal fan right now?!

When will Arsenal get their ray of sunshine again? :papa:

1 Like

Liverpool fell a lot further than we did and came back. With owners that appeared totally useless and a fucking terrible squad at one point.

2 Likes

We still have OA that is better than any trophy :bellend:

4 Likes

Without OA, I wonder how many of us might’ve thrown in the towel with Arsenal or Football. The most enjoyment I get with Arsenal in recent years, is simply being able to interact with you guys really.

10 Likes

Not sure how many of us survive if spuds win Saturday tbh.

@Bl1nk will love it.

That site traffic tho :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

There’s nothing to be optimistic about I’m afraid, and the forthcoming transfer window, which i’ll bet would be underwhelming, will only cement our status as a pseudo ambitious club, where staff members and players alike, spout the same bullshit about being competitive and able to win any kind of relevant silverware, while being a shadow of themselves when push comes to shove.

2 Likes

Their is so much wrong and the failure to start off loading bad players has wasted us a whole season thats likely to impact on us for a full 3 seasons at least.
Rightly or wrongly if the unmentionable happens in Madrid it impacts here as well. Right now and not being knee jerk there is nothing positive to get behind here.
We at very best are an outsider for top 4 and imo the team out the 6 who could fall by a place to 7th.

2 Likes

I don’t think we can offload that many players at once though with the alleged budget we have

That why I mentioned 3 years. Fact is though its going to get toxic as nobody will have any patience without any sort of change in policy.

In answer to this thread - yes.