Are things really looking that bleak?

I don’t think we can offload that many players at once though with the alleged budget we have

That why I mentioned 3 years. Fact is though its going to get toxic as nobody will have any patience without any sort of change in policy.

In answer to this thread - yes.

If we don’t have the investment though I think 3 years is wing optimistic. Take a look at the back 4/5. You have to be replacing most of them. That’s probably gonna cost you more than this summers alleged budget

The club is basically fucked, we’re more likely to fall to midtable than head on a upwards curve.

6 Likes

We are well and truly in the phase now that Liverpool got caught in about 10 years ago, and it took them several seasons to get out of it. We could drift anywhere between 4th and 8th in the next few years.

They also got new owners who cared during that time, something that we desperately need but don’t look likely to get anytime soon.

It’s really rock bottom right now…

2 Likes

@Gladiator I think this is where you quote your favourite post of mine, go on lad, you magical wizard you. :kissing_heart:

Sorry, your praise of our loss to Bradford post was lost to the old site.

3 Likes

I would have for sure.

I think things will definitely get worse before they get better, we’re on a downward spiral from becoming a once big club to a mid table team. I don’t think we ever get relegated, and we might win the odd FA Cup or League Cup here or there. Have a decent run in the Europa League. Sign the odd talented player but we be penny pinching and selling off our best assets to bigger clubs for funds for transfers.

We need to wake up, the big name players and managers will not come to Arsenal until we win a title or look like winning one with a exciting manager. Even if Emery goes, we won’t get a top name in and they be more then likely bought in to work with a budget as well. With the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Everton and now throw in Newcastle with their billions. We’re going to find it harder to compete with our penny pinching.

I could see us ending up falling further and further behind to a point, we be looking to a place in the top 6 as a success in the next few years.

2 Likes

My personal view on this is that we probably have one or two more seasons until this slide will really take shape, and then we could be in major trouble.

If we can get into the CL next season (not that I want to think about the same exact shit once again for a year), then we could pull through this period, but if we don’t get back into the top tier in the next year or two then we could really slide backwards.

I think keeping these two strikers and hopefully doing some smart business with the joke of a budget we’ll have this summer will see us remain a top 6 side for the next few years or so, but eventually if we dont push forward we will definitely be looking over our shoulders. We are entering such a crucial period…

1 Like

I think you are been generous by saying it be even two years, it could be next season that begins. I think the Arsenal job is a poison Chalice to be honest, you have a owner not willing to show ambition, you have a impatient fanbase who most can’t get over their Daddy Wenger leaving and will shit on any manager who comes in. In a league that’s getting tougher and tougher by every season not just to win the league but to get top 4.

I think if we can spend big but smartly next season, bring in youth players and get rid of the deadwood from the club. Put everything into the PL while playing the youth players and squad players in the cups and EL group stage and resting our first 11 for the league games. We might have a chance for top 4.

I definitely think next season will be the last either Auba or Laca play for Arsenal. I can’t blame them they are nearing the age that they are hitting their prime’s and want to play CL’s football.

Yeah I think this is really the ultimate problem we have at this club: the way we operate lacks ambition and some of the people we have employed aren’t up to the job, and thus we perform like a club that is much smaller than we actually are. As a fan base we base our expectations on the size of our club, but we’re well behind that in terms of our actual output because our people depth in both the hierarchy of the club and the playing squad is subpar at the moment.

I hate to say it of a man who gave the club so much and of course you can’t blame Wenger for what has happened at the tail end of this season, but his reluctance to let go of the job for several years past when he should have has cost us dearly. I consider it close to unforgivable that he couldn’t put the clubs future above his own desires. It has led us down a path where the ramifications will last for years now, and we are going to be scrambling to even get back to where he had us when we weren’t satisfied with just finishing 4th. Well I’d sure take that right fucking now.

It’s a really depressing time, but let’s hope we make some smart decisions because we need them badly now.

4 Likes

Things are looking very bleak and it will take us a long time to get back to a reasonable level and the cycle will keep repeating as the competition is high.

Unfortunately my patience is not that high so hopefully I find myself engaged with work to let it bother me.

If I need my football intake, I will supplement Arsenal with some Messi goodness

1 Like

‘Are things really looking that bleak’…YES…YES.
We need cash to recover quickly, we don’t have any. (Little)
We need a manager to demand total commitment on the field (?)
We need to realise we are facing our battles now in mid table games. What a come down for a big club!
Finally I’m really not looking forward to next season with this manager and these players. If I want a hard time I can argue with the wife not pay to watch millionaires strolling around the football field.

2 Likes

Between them, Wenger and Kroenke have dragged us down to a level most supporters didn’t think would happen.

The lack of investment, and Wenger staying in the job for far too long, has meant we have too many players that aren’t top four level but more mid table.

Our only two decent players are Aubameyang and Lacazette, and without them we would be mid table.

With the continued lack of investment we will fall out of the top six.
I’ve been saying this for a few seasons and it looks like it’s going to happen unless we see some serious money spent in this window.

Basically, Kroenke has ruined this club.

7 Likes

The one thing that is really haunting me and keeps repeating in my head right now is that we are about to endure the same exact shit for the next year once again.

The same ridiculous schedule of dull Europa League matches, the longest football tournament ever played against completely unknown clubs in the middle of nowhere, all season long. Yet once we get to the final, if we do, it’ll still likely be against a side that’s better than us and will end our dreams again. Not to mention that we will also be enjoying the dreaded Thursday to Sunday routine ONCE AGAIN, ALL SEASON LONG.

But of course, most of all the entire season in the league will be focused on “top 4” once more. How fun will it be to start our season trying to scrap our way into the top four or win the longest and most mind numbingly boring completion ever invented? Fuck me.

We could have saved ourselves atleast another year of this shit but we had to be cunts when it mattered most. If that isn’t a bleak thought, I don’t know what is.

1 Like

With our tiny transfer budget and lack of ambition I can see Auba and Laca looking to leave in the summer

2 Likes

At least Unai will get to stat pad is win % against the utter garbage in Europe’s Eastern wilderness. Then people can point out how he’s got a better win % than Wenger after two seasons at the club.

2 Likes

No more eastern farmers.

This is the worst part of the Europa :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed: