Arsenal Pre-season thread 17-18

Saw some of the second half versus Chelsea and although this was only a preseason, all the horror memories of us being impotent at the front came rushing back. The pitch did us no favours but we were fucking clueless. No cohesion, lot’s of backwards and sideways passing once we got to the final third, Giroud with horror touches. It was a snooze fest, and we had Ozil, Giroud, Ox, Ospina, Kolasinac, Ramsey, Coq, Iwobi, Elneny on the pitch. Chelsea looked way better than us, with lots of pace and penetration going forward.

I am regretting watching that cause that didn’t fill me with any sort of confidence.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean this thread in particular just on the whole forum!

1 Like

7 Likes

:hipster:

The Daily Mail is a fucking pathetic nazi anti-Arsenal newspapers. Should be closed immediately!

3 Likes

Ah, giving Chelsea a false sense of security after today’s result. Now we’ll go into the Community Shield game against them as underdogs, which will suit us to a tee. We’ll let them have this minor tin pot cup, while we aim for our 3rd CS in 4 seasons :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Want to score 3 against them in the CS. Every goal should be celebrated with a middle finger towards Conte.

Pretty sure it was just a friendly? No cup was handed out at the end when I watched it on ITV lol

[quote=“Calum, post:462, topic:1595”]
Pretty sure it was just a friendly? No cup was handed out at the end when I watched it on ITV lol
[/quote]https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/800/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2017/7/22/bffe0a43-2dba-4d1c-a9b9-cbedd2b61517.png

Must’ve been a very low key presentation :smiley:

1 Like

That cup is way cooler looking than the piece of shit Cech refused to lift.

1 Like

LOL! Shittest cup ever!

Ours looks so much better! Fuck Chelsea!

That’s a fondue pot that’s no trophy

1 Like

lol. we lost 3_0 then wenger out.he need to go.

Yeah, and sell Lacazette :hipster:

honestly don’t really care about getting smashed by Chelsea today, the same way I haven’t cared about the friendlies we’ve won so far

3 Likes

Pre-season only seems to mean shit when we lose.

2 Likes

When has Wenger really made multiple signficant changes for improvement in one summer though? His (re)building process is so slow and Arsenal just don’t gets away with it. Teams just run by.

1 Like

Monaco and Villareal both are losing. The former against Sporting Lisbon, the latter again Gimnastic from the Segunda. They are so, so shit. How can they lose a friendly?

1 Like

Agreed. I didn’t even realise we were playing today until I went to the bar to get a round and saw we were two down. Once I got the drinks I went back outside again.

I’m obviously mad about Arsenal and football but I just can’t bring myself to watch pre season football at all for some reason.

5 Likes

Some people here getting way too annoyed about this, bizarre :thinking:

Only thing of slight concern to me is any kind of burnout before the real business gets going :grimacing:

Evidently Chelsea were fitter and stronger today, in terms of being fresher, perhaps also having just travelled less

8 Likes