Arsenal Pre-season thread 17-18

Chamber’s distribution was class from what I saw.

Willock needs a loan I reckon, not sure what to make of him yet. Guendouzi, for his 10 odd minutes? looks a lot more fluid in comparison. Smith-Rowe looks promising!

Already being left behind by the competition.

1 Like

How is it even possible to score 22 times in 90 minutes haha

yuck

:giroud:

1 Like

What changes would you make?

Mustafi? Hell no! Don’t want to see him in our shirt again.

It’s obvs first game of preseason designed to give everybody 45min so I know the formation isn’t likely to stick but I wouldn’t play two strikers ever nor do I like relying on full backs soley for width.

A 3 man midfield of Xhaka, Ramsey and Torreira feels unnecessary to me especially at the expense of a front 3 with Ozil behind, why limit his outlets? If we deploy like that competitively it would strike me as we accomdating Ramsey and Xhaka for the wrong reasons.

I’d keep it simple with 4-2-3-1 tbh. There were some suggestions that we we’re hoarding CM specially for a 3 man midfield, let’s wait and see

Damn almost 1 goal every 4 minutes

Was in the replies :joy::joy:

We don’t have any true wingers so Auba out there is a real possibility as he’s the closest we have. It’s an area we are lacking for sure.

I wonder if Chambers as a DM will become a thing…

I remember Wenger deployed him as a DM and he didn’t show well at all. His distribution is good but he lacks in all other areas, he’s kinda like a discount Xhaka tbh

3 Likes

Is that still the record score lol

No, the record is 149-0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is magnifique. :henry2:

I think it was 149 own goals too :slight_smile:

Emery seems a better tactician than Wenger so i trust him to do well with the players we have.

1 Like

Everton are winning the league.