Arsenal Pre-season thread 17-18

Tomorrow will officially start our 2017/18 campaign. After a bad 5th place in the League and the FA Cup won at Wembley against Chelsea, our targets for the next year are basically the return into the major european competition, fight until the end for the title and for the Europe League.

Many players will start tomorrow the medical session before the training.

According to Jeorge Bird, twelve first team players will start to work tomorrow: Ozil, Kolasinac, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Cech, Lucas, Walcott, Welbeck, Martinez, Coquelin, Debuchy, Akpom, Jenkinson.

Koscielny, Ramsey, Giroud, Ox, Monreal, Iwobi, Xhaka, Elneny, Szczesny and Ospina - involved with national teams after the FA Cup final - will join their team mates next week, before the Australia & China summer tour.

Arsenal will play two games in Australia [13th July vs Sydney FC & 15th July vs Western Sydney Wanderers] before to play vs Bayern Munich in Shangai [19th July] and vs Chelsea in Beijing [22th July] in China.

The rest of the team - Sanchez (:pray:) , Mustafi, Chambers, Holding, Bellerin + Campbell - will join the rest of the team in time for the Emirates Cup [29th and 30th July in London against Benfica, RBL and Sevilla].

No news about Gabriel Paulista and Cazorla. Wilshere and Adelaide are expected to join the team very soon.

ENJOY THE NEWS SEASON & C’MON YOU GUNNERS!

1 Like

Thank God!

I’m going to the second day of the Emirates Cup actually, I’m looking forward to seeing Lemar and Mbappe!

3 Likes

Szczesny is back!

Half of those 12 need selling before we even get to tomorrow

7 Likes

Guess Szczesny and Debuchy are the first on the list.

Debuchy is going to be hard to shift, will be impressed if we can turf him out

1 Like

I can’t see anyone going for him. Hasn’t played a game in 2 years, wrong side of 30…

He’s here for good unless Lille or Caen or someone like that takes pity on him and remembers his Ligue 1 title.

Back to Newcastle? Ashley always overpays players.

Lacazette is joining to be 2nd choice to Eddie Nketiah :sunglasses:

4 Likes

EXCITED.

2 Likes

Debuchy at the back like

7 Likes

Kolasinac is built very well, absolute tank.

Puma Kings is it? World class signing.

1 Like

Is the bloke in the top picture that guy from Australia that used to be associated with liverpool? Cant place his face!

Ja. Darren Burgess.

Oh cool, I didnt know we had definitely signed him. It was talked about but i cannot remember anyone saying it was done just that he would be a coup then all of a sudden didnt hear anything more so wasnt sure if we actually got him or not or if he was someone that we were looking at and thinking about.

We are finally back!

Can’t muster a scrap of interest in pre-season, won’t be watching a game until the Community Shield, and even then idgaf really lol

If you look closely, there’s a ghost in that picture.

I looked closely and got distracted by the hand holding.