Arsenal Pre-season thread 17-18

Pretty sure it was just a friendly? No cup was handed out at the end when I watched it on ITV lol

[quote=ā€œCalum, post:462, topic:1595ā€]
Pretty sure it was just a friendly? No cup was handed out at the end when I watched it on ITV lol
[/quote]https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/800/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2017/7/22/bffe0a43-2dba-4d1c-a9b9-cbedd2b61517.png

Mustā€™ve been a very low key presentation :smiley:

1 Like

That cup is way cooler looking than the piece of shit Cech refused to lift.

1 Like

LOL! Shittest cup ever!

Ours looks so much better! Fuck Chelsea!

Thatā€™s a fondue pot thatā€™s no trophy

1 Like

lol. we lost 3_0 then wenger out.he need to go.

Yeah, and sell Lacazette :hipster:

honestly donā€™t really care about getting smashed by Chelsea today, the same way I havenā€™t cared about the friendlies weā€™ve won so far

3 Likes

Pre-season only seems to mean shit when we lose.

2 Likes

When has Wenger really made multiple signficant changes for improvement in one summer though? His (re)building process is so slow and Arsenal just donā€™t gets away with it. Teams just run by.

1 Like

Monaco and Villareal both are losing. The former against Sporting Lisbon, the latter again Gimnastic from the Segunda. They are so, so shit. How can they lose a friendly?

1 Like

Agreed. I didnā€™t even realise we were playing today until I went to the bar to get a round and saw we were two down. Once I got the drinks I went back outside again.

Iā€™m obviously mad about Arsenal and football but I just canā€™t bring myself to watch pre season football at all for some reason.

5 Likes

Some people here getting way too annoyed about this, bizarre :thinking:

Only thing of slight concern to me is any kind of burnout before the real business gets going :grimacing:

Evidently Chelsea were fitter and stronger today, in terms of being fresher, perhaps also having just travelled less

8 Likes

Apparantly Wenger has used the ā€˜we looked a little bit jadedā€™ line already :laughing:. In pre-season.

2 Likes

Or like the NBA does at the O2. Like Robin says seems inevitable.

1 Like

Inamoto, Richard Wright, sol Campbell, Francis Jeffers, gio van bronckhorst in. Vieira convinced into staying.

The Campbell signing alone was like winning a cup final

He is right, especially in this period.

But only Campbell and van Bronkhorst were signed for the starting eleven. Jeffers was for the future.

Youā€™re right, yeah.

I suppose the point Iā€™m making is there was intent there. If Iā€™m not mistaken, we only lost Winterburn and Davor Suker that summer (in fact Suker may well have been a season earlier)

The rest of it was about the most ambitious Wenger has ever been. He essentially played Vieiraā€™s bluff- ā€˜Iā€™ve played my hand, Iā€™ve signed up a strong team. If you want to go, go, but imagine the possibilities if you stayedā€™

Thatā€™s exactly what he should be doing for Sanchez.

Ah, thats over stating it a bit I would say. Especially considering the circumstances we had lost the cup final in just a few weeks prior too.