Arsenal Stats and Trivia

Love to know who the other 8 are. I think ones would be, Henry, Bendtner (LOL), Walcott, Giroud. Can’t remember Ian Wright ever managed one.

Welbz?

@Mysty Welbeck got one in October 2014 vs Gala!

1 Like

Found this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Couple of interesting stats after our massive victory :slight_smile:

Walcott has scored three Champions League goals this season, already his best return in a campaign

Ozil’s assist for Walcott’s goal was his first in 10 games in all competitions for Arsenal this season

This game was the first time since October 2000 two English players scored in a Champions League match for Arsenal (after Ray Parlour and Lee Dixon v Sparta Prague)

The Gunners are unbeaten in their first three Champions League group games for the first time since 2011-12

Arsenal scored six goals in a Champions League game for the first time since September 2010 (6-0 v Braga)

Source: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37688100

1 Like

Alan Smith is the only Arsenal player to have ever scored 4 in a European tie.

Is it just me or is Alan Smith a bit underacknowledged as a Arsenal legend? Especially since he was the leading goalscorer in the League in both the seasons they won the title under Graham.

Depends on the environment you’re in, this board is mostly home to Wenger-era and later Arsenal supporters which is fine, but if you go on other boards the likes of Alan Smith are still regularly talked about etc.

He was my favourite player when he was with us.
When he played for us, we had a team that was hard working and not the most entertaining to watch, but defensively there were no better teams, and we used to score a lot of goals, although mostly from free kicks, corners and long balls through the middle.

Also, there wasn’t a better team in the air than us.
I’ve never seen a striker win so many balls with his head, and also score or assist so many, doing so.
Our speciality was scoring from corners and free kicks which were whipped in from out wide for Adams to flick the ball on for Smith to score, but Smith would also lay off balls to other players with his head.

He is definitely up there with the other Arsenal great strikers.

Shkodran Mustafi and Laurent Koscielny have conceded just 3 goals from open play in their 9 games played together, keeping 5 clean sheets.

.#Kostafi

1 Like

I had the privilege of being 5th Row behind the Goals at the clock end the night NB52 got the European Hat trick vs Porto lol.

1 Like

You were a part of history!

1 Like

Happy birthday Wrighty! 53 today :beers:

1 Like

15 wins in 43 home games against they so called top 6 vs 2008 Isn’t very flash at all. Any idea what the record is vs the same teams in the away games ? Also the stats proving since his cinderella season Rambo is proving to be somewhat of a team cancer.

dunno mate only posted what the arsenal opta guy has recently posted!

Yeah damning statistics when Cazorla doesn’t play and when Ramsey does lol.

That home record is really quite poor, didn’t think it was as bad as that.

I’d be fine with that as an away record, but our home record generally sucks apart from occasional games where we’ve blown someone away. Record against Chelsea and United is particularly bad.

1 Like

In that same period we have won 2 in 8 at stamford Bridge, 0 in 8 at OT, 2 in 8 at Manchester City, 3 in 8 at Anfield, 1 in 8 at the Lane… so thats 8 wins in 40.

1 Like

That’s the record of a mid-table team going to those places.

You have to go beyond mere differences in quality in the teams and focus on the temperament to explain such a dismal record.

Most of us have come to accept it now anyway, just look at the attitude that pervades: many of us are expecting us to get BEAT up at Old Trafford despite having a clearly better team because, well, it’s Mourinho and it’s Wenger and it’s just what happens.

2 Likes