Arsenal Vs AFC Bournemouth (PL)

Interesting. Wasn’t Xhaka elneny a bit lacklustre the last they played?

Match Day Chat mofos

http://craigduarte.co.uk/mdc/

Well I can’t say I’m against that formation really. Maybe Elneny out for Ramsey. Debuchy interesting but with the way Jenkinson has played lately, we can’t argue with that really. Chamberlain for Iwobi is a welcome change.

1 Like

Good line-up. C’mon Arsenal!

My missus calls me grumpy… LOL. CAN,T THINK WHY.LOL.

2 Likes

Obviously Jack can’t play against his parent club. Does anyone know why loan players are allowed to play against their parent clubs in other leagues but not in England and how that’s allowed under EU work laws?

Be interested to see if Debuchy looks like he gives a fuck or not.

Debuchy looked great, huge shame about his injury. Ozil looks off the boil yet again. Let’s hope he sorts it out. Can’t believe how lightweight he is at times.

1 Like

We have missed you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another poor performance. Sick of this ffs. Bournemouth were the better team and we got two lucky goals. When will we ever play well and win again? :disappointed:

Edit 3-1 Now thats better! :smiley:

1 Like

Finally a win! I can’t ask for more being november. Hopefully we can build on this now.

Not the most interesting game, the ref was shit (on both sides), but we won.

Can’t really complain but we really need to improve on those performances.

1 Like

Thought we were excellent in the second half, mediocre in the first. B’mouth still got too many gilt edge chances and a more clinical team would have punished us.

Koss MOTM, with Sanchez right there. Thought Xhaka was excellent in the second half - passing the way I imagined he would. I liked the work from El Neny - thankless and most will criticize his meandering, but I think it was purposeful and created some turnovers with the micro-pressing - and his quick distribution as deep lyer was quite good. Ozil is just awesome even though he was a bit quiet in the first half (like most of the team).

Theo and Ox really shouldn’t be starting, even though Theo got a nice goal (thanks to wonderful cross by Monreal). Nice contribution from Ollie at the end and 3 points in the bag.

Frustrated in first half, but quite happy that we got back to playing better in the second half and punished B’mouth. Hope we can build on that. Oh and hahahah Spurs falling further behind. Would be nice to see WHU take points off of ManU - anything to destroy that uber c*nt Mou.

3 Likes

Hard fought win and good we got the job done. I think we have the makings of a 3rd or 4th placed side written all over us though. Alexis & Kos played immense games & Granit showed enough to suggest he should have started against Man United and or PSG. Debuchy before the injury actually showed more in 14 mins than Jenkinson has in 4 matches this year also…

1 Like

A much needed win. Good to see both Alexis and Walcott get some goals, 8th and 6th league goals respectively for each now. 2nd half a lot better too, I thought we defended brilliantly and I think that’s an underlying trait of ours this season. Not perfect at times but we definitely seem tighter now.

Offensively we improved but still more chances going astray than actually made us of which is frustrating. We still have this obstruction in the midfield. I’m not sure what we need to do to balance this but we really don’t look like we control the game from the centre of the pitch, no tempo setter whatsoever designated there.
Our common passage of play is playing it from the back and through the lines via Kostafi which confuses me over Xhaka’s role in the formation. I’m all for ball playing CB’s but why deploy Xhaka if we’re not going to make use of his strengths?

I’m not sure right now, but we need to sort this soon because we’re approaching half way through the season and no one combination is pulling strings yet.

Anyway, 3 points huzzah!!!

Is Jenkinson injured as well? He wasn’t even on the bench… and yeah, Debuchy looked better than Jenko in his cameo which is sad.

Really have no idea but yeah I noticed he wasn’t even on the bench, I suppose we will just have to wait for AW press conference.

Not the best performance but we simply just had to get the victory today. We displayed some nice moments, team looked up for it in the first 10 minutes, some good one touch football. Some pretty iffy moments in the second half. Could’ve been oh so different if Bournemouth had scored. But we held our composure and 3-1 is a good scoreline to come away from.

Concerning about Giroud’s injury, and poor old Debuchy going down as well. It wouldn’t be November without our players occuring something bad.