Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Community Shield

exactly how I see it :v:

1 Like

This is very good. Made me laugh for a good few seconds :joy:

https://twitter.com/Hazpillian/status/894197100317167619

12 Likes

We have become Chavski’s bogey team :smiley:

1 Like

So much this. I’m glad to see Arsenal beat those clowns, regardless of whether it’s in the league, cup, community shield or my front yard.

6 Likes

Our pace was overwhelming the whole game.

I do think that in order for us to knock off the big teams, we need Xhaka to continue to play like that. That was one helluva performance.

Impressive.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why you snub the Community Shield.

In Spain they want to win the trophy despite the forumula is really shit, in Italy I have seen a giant club as AC Milan on fire to have won the trophy against Juve, in Germany yesterday Bayern Munich players were very happy to have won.

There is a myth who say which the Premier League fans are the best in the World… for me we’re the worst.

2 Likes

I think most fans wouldn’t resent the Community Shield if we’d been more successful over the last decade plus. Where we haven’t been - winning things like the Community Shield is of no value at all.

1 Like

They don’t call me Mystic Mysty for nothing :mage:

Regardless of people’s thoughts on the shield, it’s nice to head into the new season on a back of a decent pre season. Well done lads!

11 Likes

Nobody has said they don’t want to win it.

There is a difference between not counting it as a competitive match/proper silverware and not wanting to win it.

Of course we bloody want to win it, especially against Chelsea FFS. I want to win everything!

All people are saying is that it doesn’t count as part of our “trophy haul”.

6 Likes

I think given that it was surprisingly competitive for a community shield match, it’s fair to be encouraged by yesterday. We had a dip in perhaps the ten minutes either side of half time but otherwise I thought it was a sharp, alert and disciplined performance in which there were some really good individual performances. I thought we were worth the win, even if it came on penalties and it’s definitely a platform to build on.

As to counting it as a trophy, I don’t think anyone would suggest winning the community shield constitutes major success, but you could tell in the ground yesterday it was something the team and fans wanted, and the players had clearly been well drilled for it so from that point of view it’s certainly not worthless as a win.

10 Likes

I’d hate to lose the game, which means it has value and therefore counts.

Unlike the Emirates Cup etc, which I couldn’t care less about.

5 Likes

^ 100%

watched the highlights on MOTD, glad to win another trophy at Wembley and lets continue this on against Leicester on Friday :slight_smile: the new penalty system is just kind of pointless really, why change something that didn’t even need changing in the first place?

I agree with that on the new penalty system. The pressure is just shifted onto the second B in the ABBA system. As soon as Curtois missed that pen, all the pressure went straight onto the shoulders of Morata.

I think we’ll see with the evolving stats how this plays out… Fact is, with 60% wins going to the first pen taker, that was ridiculous problem that hopefully is addressed with ABBA.

Well yeah because they were behind, the pressure should be on them. The point is the pressure isn’t always on the B for all the penalties when the score is equal.

3 Likes

Not pointless Luke

Further proof of the CC being an actual competitive match, Aguero scored a brace today and it counts in his overall goal talley for the club. His 200 and 201st goals. Think that stat puts this debate on ice.

3 Likes

Indeed.