Arsenal Vs FC Basel (CL)

How will players improve iff not played.
Itß a long season and we have just Lucas and Ox as backups in wing position. We need to play them.

Ox has 100+ Premier League games for us over the last 5 years and he’s a worse player than what he was when he joined as an 18 year old.

1 Like

Theo was even worse last season. He turned around.
We can hope for the same.
Putting him on the bench all the time will surely not help.

Hope Xhaka and Elneny told Wenger something about Basel :slight_smile:

Basel are indeed not as good as they used to be. We should have no problem here.

Looking forward to this game a lot. I love Champions League nights like these :smiley:

1 Like

We should win this by about three goals.

I don’t mind Chamberlain playing as long as we are winning by three goals.

Wenger, this season, seems to have learned from mistakes he has made m previous seasons, so he should have learned that sending out weakened squads in the CL doesn’t work, so send out our best team and get the job done.

It’s just nice that the game isn’t a foregone conclusion against Barcelona.

It’s just nice to play a new fucking team. No Olympiakos, Shakthar, Barca, Bayern, Borussia, etc.

C’mon Arsenal! Need a good win to keep our good form.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/781089236997070848

Both Basel home and away clash with our home strip so we have to wear our away at home :joy:

2 Likes

Current Mood for the Match:

I am so jazzed for this. I’ll miss the match live because of work but have shrewdly something called “DVR” so I can watch at a later date. :poldi:

1 Like

First time in a while I can actually remember genuinely looking forward to an Arsenal match and I’m gonna miss it cause of football :confused:

Agree with Burgundy, same XI except Elneny in for Santi to give the little asturian midget/technical genius a rest, and whatever, Ospina for Cech if Wenger insists.

1 Like

All the Basel fans just walked down Piccadilly outside my office!

Fully pumped for the match now.

1 Like

Would be brilliant if we carried on the form from the previous game into this. We don’t play exciting Football as often as we should these days, Saturday was refreshing. Come on the Arsenal!

2 Likes

Anyone know how soon after the match a full match is typically posted on fullmatchesandshows? As I remember it’s really quite quick, but not sure if I’m recalling correctly.

Trying to decide if I should go through the bother of not finding out the result so I can watch it when I get home in its entirety, but if it’s not up before like 10:30 english time/11:30 my time it’s no good.

First home CL tie, no messing about from Wenger here. :muscle: line up

1 Like

Expected team this time, lol!

Hopefully we smash them and then see Lucas and Jeff around the 70th minute.

2 Likes

Strongest team I see. Fair enough