Arsenal Vs FC Basel (CL)

Courtesy of https://twitter.com/11tegen11
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CteFUeoVIAA8tg7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CteFlTTUEAAS3F7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CteE_6bUAAAmttA.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CteFB0vUAAAVhCZ.jpg

And yes the Basel’s pass map is really weird.

1 Like

.#BEEF

1 Like

The poor finishing is seriously bothering me

Have to say AKBs need to wait till the end of season before mouthing off.
Injury goddess can strike Sanchez, Ozil or Cazorla any moment and we will go down harder than Nokia or Blackberry did.

2 Likes

Played well but Apart from their keeper Basel were poor . Still we are are in a roll right now and in the last 3 games have worked very hard and looked very sharp.

Arsenal TV is like a lampost it draws a lot of moths who are attracted to the light .

1 Like

It is a little frustrating but atleast we’re creating the chances.

It would bother me more if we hadn’t scored 2, 3, 4 and 4 in our last four games.

6 Likes

Brilliant performance, you can see the confidence oozing throughout right now and it’s so refreshing to watch us play lovely football again.

Very professional performance. Whilst we should have had a plate full of goals, I can’t argue with the substitutions in the second half. Being able to chuck on Big Mo and Gibbs, whilst playing really controlling football and effectively shutting up shop shows how much we dominated the game.

Reserving legs for the Burnley game and all.

Things get really scintillating when the ball gets in the possession of Iwobi, Özil, Cazorla and Alexis. Dat one touch passing :giroud2:

Overall, three points, dominating performance, clean sheet and top of the group. Lovely stuff.

But that also what being a manager is about, isn’t it? Obviously longer term injuries are very hard to manage. But preparing the players for a full season and have enough balance in the squad to cope with injuries is also part of the job description. The second part we are lacking a bit in our front four imo.

True point, but at the same time when we’re creating as many clear cut chances as we are… The lat 2 or 3 games we could have won by 5 or 6 goal margins if the players were able to finish.

But that’s a first world problem. Well, kind of. I do still get antsy when we’re only 2-0 up because I’ve seen us throw that kind of lead and more way too often in the past.

1 Like

So Fox Sports can pretty much fuck off, eat shit and die as far as I’m concerned. Fine they decide to show the City and Barca matches live on their two sports channels, that’s ok I can wait I’m at work anyways. So they wait to show Arsenal at 7pm, alright I can deal with that, take my kid to the park have dinner and get ready for the match. I’m enjoying watching Arsenal destroy Basel, and I notice they’ve got a little ticker on the bottom of the screen showing baseball scores. No way would they would show the Arsenal score right? This is the first time they are broadcasting the match after all. WRONG! They fucking show the final score ffs. Fortunately it was about 35 mins into the match and we’d scored our two goals. Still it pretty much ruins a match. I cant believe they are that negligent.

Anyways, I was really impressed with the way we played. Without the ball we always had them trapped and it honestly looked like a Pep or Barca side. With the ball we are playing mouthwatering football. It looks nothing like that slow disjointed crap we saw last season. Another fantastic result!

1 Like

Try watching a game on 2 hour delayed telecast for the Quarter final 2nd leg 2004 CL game vs Chelsea, and they flash up the scores by mistake that we had lost 2-1… Now that totally fucking ruined my week and some.

4 Likes

I suppose Managers would do their bit of getting players onboard to have a squad for the season, but first choice are first choice.
Apart from Monreal-Gibbs & Xhaka-Coq, there is an obvious drop in quality between first & second choice, plus factors like players being more in tune with Cazorla than Elneny, balance etc.

As is trend, the team with minimal injuries tend to win PL.

Good performance again and good to watch. In light of criticism ive given Wenger only fair to say good coaching.
Cautious optimism for now but bloody good to be entertained again.

:joy:

2 Likes

We’re playing a very nice football. I don’t remember the last time, before the game with Chelsea, when we played with intelligence and style. Finally, after ten bloody years without trophies and chance to compete, we have a strong team.

We had chances to compete and actually win the League (last season) and we had at least one strong team in the past ten years (07/08).

Well played! Deserved a couple of more goals but their keeper had an outstanding game. Happy for Theo, he needed those goals. Maybe he can build on that, but I’m causally optimistic. Iwobi was superb yesterday!

A solid performance last night. Started sharply again and Basel never really got in to the game

Thought Cazorla was excellent last night. Such an important player for us

Also have to give credit to Theo. I wanted him out during the summer but he has started the season really well and i just hope he carries it on now for the rest of the season

1 Like

Thought it would be a fair bit closer than it was, dominant win in the end.

But if you consider their record against English clubs in the recent past, it’s actually an impressive result.

On to LudoRaz next and I’m pretty sure it will be a similar outcome. Should still be careful though, we all know what happened with Astra fackin’ goo goo.

Also I don’t understand how people can be “disappointed with the finishing”, their keeper made two great saves with his feet, which otherwise would’ve been another 4 or 5 scoreline. Iwobi was off target with one that I can remember but only marginally. We were hardly blazing high and wide every 5 minutes.

4 Likes