Arsenal vs FC Bayern Munich (UCL 1st K/O Round 2nd Leg)

I’d play a 4-3-3 for this one, Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Kos, Gibbs/ Ox, Xhaka, Elneny/ Ozil, Welbz, Sanchez. Im expecting Wenger to go the 4-2-3-1 though with love Children Walcott and Coq in the 11 and Bayern to win 2-0.

Don’t play Ozil and go with a 4-3-3, with The Ox-Coquelin-Elneny/Xhaka in the middle.

Bayern are not going through a good period of form, tbh.

Don’t play Ozil hahaha

3 Likes

I keep reading people saying this. But they still haven’t lost a game since November! Wish our bad form involved us going unbeaten for 3 months!

5 Likes

Yet people are happy to start the likes of Coq and Theo :joy:. Tears in my eyes

Is Robben fit?

From what I’ve read, they haven’t been the same beast they were under Pep. Not sure how good or bad an omen that is as we love fluffing it up against almost any opposition anyway.

I’m optimistic and going for a cheeky 2-1 Arsenal.

1 Like

We’ll win this tie over two legs.

3 Likes

Wish people would stop with the myth of heroic failures. Seem to forget we were stuffed easily by Barca last season.

1 Like

Tbf to Calum he only put 10 players in his team so there’s still a place for Özil to be added.

He could be saying that Özil’s invisible though and so he’d be trolling… so much I don’t know :confused:

3 Likes

It’s impossible to win it over one leg, so yeah I make you right.

We know the drill here.

We’ll get pasted in the first leg, go down by anywhere from 2-5 goals, then perform heroically in the second leg but fall short without really threatening to get back in it.

5 Likes

it’s almost like you’ve been watching us for the last 5 seasons

I’m really sick of going out in the second round but it almost seems inevitable we will. Even despite the fact they’re not the same beast this year it still seems a step too far. Please footballing gods, cut us some slack this year.

I’ve seen absolutely nothing from this Arsenal team this calendar year to suggest that we are capable of winning this match. However: To live without Hope is to Cease to live.

I just pray that if we do lose the first leg (which I think we will) that it’s not by any more than 2 goals.

2 Likes

Can’t see us winning this at all, I’m worried that it could be all over before the first leg is over. We’ve haven’t played well in a long time and this Bayern team will punish us if we don’t turn up. I think it be a 4-1 win to them, we score in the last minute or something. I be very surprised if we won out there even drew.

I play Welbeck instead of Walcott. Bring in Xhaka instead of Coq. Keep Gibbs in as his pace will come in handy. Aside from that we just have to hope that Bayern don’t turn up.

If we can get a result that means we’re still in it come the second leg I take it. Not looking forward to this at all.

1 Like

Alonso might be injured.

Just a bit of tactical organisation and discipline please. Even if we don’t achieve the all important result, wouldn’t it be nice to see us perform like a decent fucking team again…

Any 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 variant would be better than the usual 4-2-3-1.

XI: Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Gibbs, Xhaka, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Elneny, Özil, Sanchez, Welbeck.

Subs: Cech, Holding, Monreal, Coquelin, Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud.

I suppose if this team can beat Bayern then anything is possible.

8 Likes