Arsenal vs FC Bayern Munich (UCL 1st K/O Round 2nd Leg)

Arrrrrgh ffs

Welbeck and Xhaka start!

1 Like

FFS! :frowning:

we are good at helping struggling teamsā€¦ like everton didnt have a win for 8 or 9 gamesā€¦ we gifted them a win lol

Maybe heā€™s thinking that Bayern will just go up a level or 2 in the Champions League, and are just playing within themselves domestically because they donā€™t need to do any more than that to comfortably win the league.

Welbeck was always going to start, even Fergie considered him a big game player.

i can see why xhaka would start because of german league experience and played a lot against bayernā€¦ i think he hasnt lost a game against bayern yet if iam not wrong

1 Like

Yep Welbz! :welbeck: Itā€™s gonna be his game.

1 Like

You must be the one that pulls people upā€¦and dont forget the power of edit.

I have a sinking feeling that this is going to be very ugly. It could just be history speaking though. Maybe Iā€™m jaded by our recent results, but I think the recent lackluster win is going to keep everyone complacent and comfortable. I almost wish we had lost on the weekend. Would have lit a fire I think, but who knows?

Stems from two simple things really. The knowledge that setting up with the same old tried and tested shit probably wonā€™t work and the belief that Ɩzil must start.

I would like to copy the PSG tactic which they used tonight to beat BarƧa. 4-3-3 with Gibbs instead of Monreal, three midfielders (Xhaka, Elneny, Oxlade), Ozil on the right, Alexis on the left and Welbeck on attack.

Arsenal better do the same to Bayern than PSG did to Barcelona today, which is absolutely destroy them. If they ever needed any confirmation and inspiration that anythingā€™s possible in football if only you play to your best they got to watch it today and so I really hope that this team will finally show up big time and have an absolute blinder of a game. Would be a perfectly good time to show that they can play football.

That being said in real world Iā€™m probably going to sit here feeling like an absolute idiot tomorrow watching a team that canā€™t play straight passes :frowning: Oh fuck me, watching Arsenal these days is painful.

2 Likes

PSG has been knocking at the door for several years though. The quality has been there for years now, it just didnā€™t manisfested itself.

We donā€™t have the quality.

2 Likes

Actually we do, we just have a manager that cannot extract it!

Ospina

Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Gibbs

Xhaka - Elneny - Ox

Ozil - Welbeck - Sanchez

1 Like

I disagree. PSG had 4 players on the pitch tonight who are from great technical level (Verrati, Rabiot, Draxler and Di Maria). Cavani and Matuidi are not great in that regard in my opinion, but they at least know what to do with a ball. Regardless of the tactical set-up those players have the technical ability to execute a plan, perform and play proper football at a high level. Because of the intrinsic qualities their players possess.

Even if Wenger got it right; weā€™ve got a lot of mediocre, non-technical players to perform like that against a team like Bayern. With lesser quality the chances for mistakes, turnovers etc are simply much higher.

2 Likes

I have to disagree. I think we definitely have some quality in this team to play attractive football and also play dominant football if weā€™re really up for it, but itā€™s mostly wasted by us not having a real idea of how to make the best out of what we have. If the teamā€™s set-up perfectly, which is a big if, we can definitely hold our ground in a game like this. As we know though itā€™s going to be a bit messier than that and weā€™d probably rely more on counter-attacking instead of dominance if we were to beat them.

1 Like

The big day has come. Cā€™mon Arsenal!

2 Likes

Time for all the players to step up! Iā€™m expecting Xhaka, Ox and Welbeck to come good. A score draw or win would be great, need to keep this tie alive going back to the Emirates

2 Likes

I know I shouldnā€™t do it to myself because I know all our flaws and how Bayern are far superior to us, but I still canā€™t help but be a little excited about tomorrow morning ( melb time) in the off chance we pull off a shock. COYG.

3 Likes