Arsenal vs Liverpool (Premier League)

The assumption is that it’s him or Xhaka. Based on perceived calibre and pedigree alone it’s easy to see why we’d opt for the Swiss. We’ll learn quickly what the boss prefers.

Coq should be starting especially considering our CB situation. Coq would provide a little more cover for a defense that’s gonna need it.

Real Madrid winning the Champions League with a ‘destroyer’-type (Casemiro) would make you think that type is not outdated, is it? I could be jumping to conclusions though.
It’s about the team as a whole and players who supplement each other imo. The deep-lying playmakers as defensive midfielders (Pirlo/Alonso) who have been hyped as the future of football have always been employed with a combative player (Gattuso/Marchisio or Mascherano/Khedira/Vidal). Something a Xhaka/Ozil/Cazorla midfield might lack.

Ramsey is a shit playmaker, but that doesn’t mean Coquelin has no place in the starting eleven.

Coq will definitely have a role to play but it won’t be in most home games other than coming on to see it out if we lead.

1 Like

Lovren Improved a lot as the season went on under Klopp… Moreno is gash though & so is Minglonet.

Wenger doesnt like Coquelin so he will probably drop him !

I have a feeling Monreal will play in the middle of defense and Gibbs will play on the left. I’m oretty sure Walcott will start as well.

1 Like

I don’t think Xhaka will start. Reckon Elneny will.

2 Likes

#FreeJoelCampbell

Man it’d be something if Wenger actually did go with Rob Holding. It’s a predicament of recalling Koscielny early or move Nacho to the centre.

Wenger takes gambles, but a gamble of playing Holding? Hope for the best…

I don’t think it’s that big a gamble to play Holding. If Lolpool had met Bolton in the FA Cup Holding would’ve been playing.

I wish i could put my worries away as easy as you seem to be able to. :slight_smile:

Just remember if you convince yourself of something…It’s not lying :ozil2:

Finally, the Premier League is back!! :jakey:

Chambers will play alongside Koscielny if the frenchman will be ready to play. On midfield I don’t know. Elneny and Coquelin have a better condition but Wenger could prefer to play fast, choosing to put Granit, Ramsey and Santi Cazorla behind Walcott, a player on the left (Iwobi or Ox) and Sanchez on upfront.

Koscielny definitely out.

Chambers to partner Monreal or Holding.

It will be

Bellerin - Chambers - Monreal - Gibbs

He might even play Debuchy ahead of Chambers which actually gives me nightmares.

1 Like

Monreal is a liability at center back keep him where he is good . I know he has played there before but it hasnt been good ,he’s useless at man marking, and dealing with crosses in the air .
Time for Calum to Man up and play with Holding or Belik .
We need to protect them though so Coquelin needs to start at DM and Elneny too but knowing Wenger he will gamble on Monreal or even Coq at the back(which I’d prefer) ,and we will have to get lucky .
The Ox as impact sub only ,he leaves us too open at the back otherwise .
Big game for Walcott !
It pisses me off though that we start a season without enough coverage !
COYG!

Ok Rob, it’s your turn. Massive task for him.

Get the feeling Klopp will treat this like a cup final and theyll be full of running.
Dont think we will have the set up to cope with this and fear a bit of a mauling to their fire power. 1 3 Or 2 4 defeat for them.
Thank fuck for the olympics. Hopefully something fantastic happens and keeps us off the back pages on monday.

They treat every game against us as a fucking cup final. I remember the 3-3 last season, they gave absolutely everything as if it was the Champions League final. Followed by awful performances the weeks after… Cunts.

2 Likes