Arsenal vs Ludogorets (Champions League)

#Arsenal Vs Ludogorets Razgrad

UEFA Champions League
Emirates Stadium
Wednesday 19 October, 19:45

Big game, let’s get the three points. I wonder if Arsene is tempted to rotate much for this one.

I’d go with this team. Ospina, Gibbs, Coquelin and Ox to come in the side.

#What will be the outcome?

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Ludogorets win

0 voters

Should be easy win - hopefully can pull Alexis off early-ish to preserve him… 4-0 to the Arsenal.

This game is very Europa Leaguey tbh.
Rest everyone and play the League Cup squad

As the actual Champions of their respective League Ludogorets has more business in the Champions League than a 2nd placed team.

3 Likes

Play our best starting line up and get the job done.
I think Wenger has learned from last season that to rest players for supposedly easy games is a false economy, and we end up struggling for top place, then get one of Barcelona, Bayern Munich etc in the next round.
If we are winning comfortably, then make changes and take players off, but just get it done.

4 Likes

Ludogorets might be a ‘nothing’ team, but this is the Champions League, you have to treat each team with respect. There’s no point doing a mass rotation just because they’re a bunch of Bulgarian minnows. Get the goals, put the performance in first. I don’t like it when we’re obvious favourites going into a game sometimes, as it makes the team a bit arrogant and complacant.

Three points aren’t handed out on a plate. Besides, they gave Liverpool a heck of a run for their money a few seasons back, so it’s not going to be that much of a steamroller.

I’d only make a few changes. We can do a mass rotation for the cup game against Reading next week instead.

A professional performance should get the job done, 3-0.

6 Likes

I’d certainly rest a few.

Ospina

Jenkinson - Mustafi - Koscielny - Gibbs

Xhaka - Elneny

Walcott - Ozil - Ox

Sanchez

We have to ensure PSG home is the group decider. Can’t afford a slip up and we should field a very strong squad.

Although, I rate results in the league more important than the CL. I’d rest Monreal, Ozil, Alexis and Santi tbh Let’s have Iwobi in AM, Ox on the left and Lucas upfront

1 Like

Need a massive win to improve our GD. Hopefully Basel can do us a favour as well.

Yeah, gotta get Özil and Alexis a rest when we can, and this is one of the few opportunities, not going to get a better chance than this and after seeing how we played in a 3rd game in 7 days (Burnley) I’d like to avoid that again.

Xhaka can’t play at the weekend so I’d like to see him involved. I would go with:

Iwobi-Lucas-Ox
Cazorla
Xhaka-Coquelin/ElNeny
Gibbs-Kos-Mustafi-Bellerín (could Jenkinson start?)
Ospina

2 Likes

CL group stage is sorted via head to head goal difference, so if it comes down to Arsenal v PSG and the result is 2-2 we they go through because they scored more away goals…

Edit - just checked and I’m not sure now

2 Likes

You are half right :slight_smile: CL sort on head to head results.

1 Like

Playing a patched up third tier team and smashing all our goodwill and momentum doesn’t seem like the greatest idea to me. Rest Iwobi and Cazorla but that’s about the limits imo.

2 Likes

Well said.

Drop Monreal not rest him and give Gibbs the chance to step up.
Too many changes and this could turn into a 90 minute drag.
Get the game won and change within the match.
Good chance to be professional and right the errors of saturday.
Predict a solid 2 0 win if were not overly conplacent. To many slip ups in recent seasons to be anything other than focused totally for matches like this for us.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be to cute with team selection as I want to make sure we top the group, I would make a couple of changes but we have the League cup next week I think to make massive changes. Arsenal 3-1.

1 Like

We’re in a sequence of games that fans of rival teams would just say is ‘easy’, so have to keep the momentum going while we’re on a roll and expecting to win. Too early in the season to rotate, but also we have our best squad in years, so a conundrum.

Ospina; Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs; Xhaka Elneny; Iwobi Ozil Oxlade; Perez

Subs: Cech, Monreal, Holding, Reine-Adelaide, Zelalem, Coquelin, Walcott

However if you look at the Basel line-up, Wenger just wants to get the job done. I’m actually expecting Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott all to start. Middlesbrough is at least a home game and then obviously there’ll be 11 changes for the Reading game.

Basel were actually really poor, apart from the Icelandic player. They’re a better side than Ludogorets, but with that whole ‘unknown quantity’ factor, it wouldn’t at all surprise me if LudoRaz caused us more problems than Basel did.

Not really, it’s a must win game.

We play Ludogorets twice before we play PSG at home during a rough fixture period. We should be looking to top our group, it’s the Champions League ffs.

As fans we tend to have this presumptuous attitude when it comes to the groups of the CL then cry like babies when we go out at the first knock out stage.

We need to win this one , I hop they don’t have a fast winger on the right as Monreal is so badly off form he will get roasted !

Yeah Nacho just isn’t the same player as he was last season for some reason. Anyways off to bed for me get up at 530am and watch most of this one before work tomorrow morning.

1 Like