Arsenal Vs Milan (UEL Last 16 2nd Leg)

Argh I can’t handle a final against Griezman & co. Let someone knock them out en route to the final

Definitely rattled lol

https://twitter.com/FedericoManasse/status/974435052166754304

2 Likes

Love it when foreign football fans accuse English fans of being culturally ignorant. As if their fan base is oh so cultured :joy:

2 Likes

Didn’t read it for Alli and his multiple dives :hipster:

The only realistic chance is Lazio. They look so good.

1 Like

Today I learned that Welbeck is the first English player to dive. I understand why people think he has brought shame on English football. I wish we had players like those honest Tottenham lads

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/7amkickoff/status/974517089980399620

7 Likes

I can remember exactly the same happening when Eduardo was criticised by the media when he supposedly dived against Celtic, in one of his first games back after one of the worst injuries seen in the PL.
It was also at the end of a game we were going to win comfortably.

In the next game Rooney dived to win a penalty and it was hardly mentioned.

I suppose it must have been because Rooney did it so often the media had got used to it.

1 Like

The Edouardo one was shameful by press… absolutely slaughtered while Rooney and now Alli and friends are let off the hook.

2 Likes

I know all clubs think they’re treated unfairly – and i’m sure there are times when we’ve complained about nothing. But in this situation we’re right and there are headlines and tweets etc to back us up.

No Arsenal fan is defending Welbeck, we all admit it was a dive. The issue for us is that diving has suddenly been highlighted while serial offenders have been ignored or have been described as “brave”. It’s complete hypocrisy!

4 Likes

I am not surprised by all this though.
Remember when Cazorla was criticized for taking… a good penalty.

11 Likes

:rofl: Trion I’d forgotten about that. Fucking hell that was the absolute worst

6 Likes

I am intrigued how that act can be criticized. Can you post a link?

2 Likes

Well that wasn’t the press. It was a former player, on his twitter.

Richard Keys said something too

I don’t think the media went over board on it to be honest. It was just a select few who thought it was disrespectful.

It’s a miracle we are in the last 8 of the competition without a striker for the last 2 rounds :smile:

1 Like

I know. And we’re going to be playing a European game in April. What a novelty.

3 Likes

Time for :laca: to step up :kos2: