Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (PL)

Why not? Accumulating most of the point against the numbers 7-20 only gets you so far. 13-14 is probably a good example of that. At some point we need to get more points against top six teams. I think we have been consistent against top six in the past three years ('13 - '16), 11 or 12 out of 30 possible points every year, but to get to the next level we need to get more.

Exactly. Usually Champions win 27 or 28 games. And there are only 28 games against teams outside the top six. It’s seems improbable a team is going to win 24 or 25 games out of those 28 games. Which is what you would need if we would get 11-12 points again against top six competition.

1 Like

Because all you’re doing is proving that every game is important. Winning as many games as we can across the season is the only way we can have any chance of winning the title. I just don’t understand the notion that every week someone has to post “if we want to win the title we have to be winning games like this one”. It’s just a really boring and overused point because it applies to literally every single game.

Sure. But if we consistently don’t win these games, we know were we stand and we have a pretty solid idea of what is (not) going to happen in the course of the season.

Since we also rarely win at their place and the probability of losing points there is high, it does add importance to this game.

1 Like

Dont care how we play in this one, all i want is for us to win or at least not lose!

Clattenburg is the ref so expect some dodgy shit happening as he loves a tv game

2 Likes

I’m getting on a bus for 16 hours to Mumbai with 30 other Arsenal fans from Bangalore to make it for a huge North London Derby screening being organised by the Mumbai Arsenal Supporters club. The best part is that Robert Pires is going to be there for a little question and answer session. I’m so pumped.

16 Likes

3 Likes

I questioned your sanity up until this part. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trion wouldn’t do that, proves he’s a rubbish fan imo

7 Likes

Cazorla/Bellerin/Monreal/Walcott look to be back for Sunday!

5 Likes

3-0 win easy

1 Like

Believe me, it’ll be worth it

6 Likes

Any excuse to post that picture back again eh, can’t say I blame you though :smiley: Wasn’t that through some work experience thing you were doing at the time?

A tough one to call, that lot are going through a rough patch but known us they could get back on track by beaten us. I fully expect Harry Kane to be back for the game, after the result in the CL for them tonight. I’m expecting them to be well up for this. They definitely won’t be as bad as they were in the CL.

Onto us, I don’t want Ramsey starting out on the right. If Walcott is fit then start him, if not then start OX. Ramsey just slows our game down and goes missing into the middle. I’m worried that Wenger will try to fit him in instead of benching him. If Carzola isn’t fit then I start Xhaka with Coq in the centre. I play Alexis up forward and bring on Giroud if we need a Plan B. I probably start Gibbs ahead of Monreal as they have pace out the wings. I’m a little worried about our defence over the last few games, seems like the little mistakes are popping up again. Hopefully they get cleared up for Sunday.

If Alderweireld and Kane are not playing, I think we can win 2-0. Won’t be easy and could take time to break them down. We need To Take our chances when they come to us. If Kane and especially Alderweireld starts (he’s the leader) I could see it been more difficult for us. I’m going for a Arsenal win.

1 Like

Crazy journey to watch on a screen but fair play to you. Longest journey Ive evr heard of though was a mate who caught the train from london to Athens taking 3 days to do it back in 81.

They haven’t scored on the last 6 from open play. You can bet your ass Kane will be playing.

You lot are crazy.
Actually I forgot about the screening :sweat_smile:

And @Robin_L is right, I will never do that, despite being in same city as screening.

1 Like

Great! Let’s do this guy!

Need carzola back for this . Gibbs was awful in sofia so id bring monreal back. why oh why is this game on at noon. Im worried he will pick ramsey and play him on the right which will expose us and slow us down.

Wow, that is dedication. I was also initially thinking that that’s quite a fast train, to go all the way across Europe in just three days. But then I had a check and found that the distance from the southern tip of India to Delhi is almost the same, and the time the train takes is comparable. Europe be small :arteta:

1 Like