Arsenal vs Watford (PL)

I suppose I was silly for predicting a draw, we beat everyone 7-20 at home in the league as our record indicates.

1 Like

Thatā€™s something i never thought i would see written down about this club ever!

1 Like

Two clean sheets in a row. Has that even happened yet this season?

1 Like

Easy win. A bit risky in the first half, but got it done in the second half when Watford had to play more offensive to equalize.

Pretty pathetic seeing Arsenal players referencing Deeney. Should have said nothing before, smash Watford and say nothing afterwards. Boys forgetting their still sixth

1 Like

Solid result but typical uneven ā€œgoodā€ Arsenal performance. We have been ok at home and Watford have been diabolically bad on the road recently (1 win from last 12 now), so there really is no surprise regarding result, especially after we built some momentum against Milan.

Game honestly could have been 4/5-2/3ā€¦ they should have probably had 2 and we should probably had at least one more - Ozil should have scored. For stretches of the game I really liked what we were doing - very diligent, if not intelligent defensively and we created chancesā€¦ then other stretches we frankly looked like the away team against f*ing Watford. Thankfully, they really arenā€™t the same team at all since Richarlison was found out.

Notables:

1. Moose - MOTM for me - almost perfect from him, especially given our wide backs were pretty bad (or at least made calamitous mistakes in the case of AMN)ā€¦ I am not a fan, but full credit - was really good today (full disclosure if I rewatch and find him all out of position I will cry, but from what I saw on first watch, really, really good).

2. El Neny - Ramsey 2.0 - and I am talking the good Ramsey. Again, not a player I am sold on, but really good today, both ways.

3. Mikhy - nice assist and goalā€¦ he is still uneven at times, but canā€™t complain with his overall performance. LOVED how he drove forward and created that goal for Auba at the end.

4. Xhaka, AMN - oh dearā€¦ for periods of game, both solidā€¦ then each contrived to play like complete idiots (in the case of AMN the pen and at least one otherā€¦ Xhaka did his trademark ā€œpass to the other teamā€ like 3-4 times in the second half and then his foul from behind routine, yelling at ref until yellowā€¦ genius of a player>

5. Ozil - our MVP by such a distance in the squad right now it is tragicā€¦ so good.

Honorable mention to Cech for pen save on the cretin.

2 Likes

Being in the ground to witness Cech save a penalty from the fat cajones of Deeney was fucking wonderful. Biggest cheer of the afternoon.

6 Likes

Another 3 or 4 wins in our last 4 home games and European Football will be secured for next season.

1 Like

Watford gave tougher match than Milan

1 Like

Our goals:

1-0

2-0

3-0