Arsenal Vs West Ham United (PL)

The order in which players in the squad are dropped is totally irrelevant.

No one should be an undisputed starter in this squad imo especially at CF where you have two decent strikers. I’d start Laca at CF to see what he can bring to the side

I’d be open to pushing Auba out wide and playing Laca up top but I wouldn’t drop Auba.

6 Likes

I think we need to play Auba into form on this occasion. He’s not a Giroud level of striker and on that accord, I believe the goals will come the more you play him.

4 Likes

Of course it’s relevant. If you’re swapping players on the basis on promoting competition then surely we have other starters in there that need the competition more so?

I do see your point, I just strongly disagree.

1 Like

Point is the focus should be on the competition in specific positions rather than looking at things on a squad wide basis.

@SRCJJ Agreed. I never said anything about benching Auba, just want to Laca getting a start at CF.

@sevchenko Ok fair enough, I did assume by drop you meant to bench him.

But I do feel we have other ‘positions’ that could benefit from competition a lot more than the CF one.

Dropped means benched. Very unconventional use of the word dropped if you meant “move him out wide”

Semantics…

I specifically mentioned the CF position multiple times knowing Auba can serve on the wing

It’s so weird that you didn’t mean benched when one of your responses in the topic was:

I mean, if you want people to understand what you’re saying, carefully choosing your words is sensible. Or you can just dismiss it as semantics lol.

But yeah, not trying to dig you out over it, as it’s now clear what you meant

I don’t think Auba should be undisputed starter at CF position. Not sure what wrong with the bottom post besides not being more clear

Well because that response from you was a retort to the statement that other players are a priority to be benched over Auba, I repeat benched. Then you gave that response using dropped as synonymous to benched, only later you decided to point out that you didn’t mean benched but… dropped to the wing I guess… if that’s a thing… I myself would have thought they’d move him to the wing, not drop him really.

Auba is one of the players in the squad who can play winger. I thought the assumption he would be shifted wide in the event Laca is on the pitch too has already been established. The same logic doesn’t apply to the rest of the squad really.

Auba and Laca both have to start surely

If we lose this one God I don’t know what’s the reaction on here. Expect a win.

They should take out that anger from the first 2 games on West ham. Should be a confidence inducing win.

Both clubs are in very similar positions.
New managers, new players, no points and disgruntled supporters after several seasons of under investment and under achieving.

We had an average window, with no really big names coming, in and they had a relatively good window with a few good signings in positions they were desperate to fill with decent quality players, including two of ours.

We still have a better squad than them and arguably a better manager, so as we are at home, I would expect a fairly comfortable win to follow a good, if not wasteful, display against Chelsea.

I’ll go 2-0 to us, with Aubameyang scoring both, to make up for his poor finishing against Chelsea.

To be fair we have much less to be disgruntled about than their shit show of a club lol

We’ll see after this game😉
But a lot of my mates who support West Ham would agree with you.

Their board have been marginally worse than ours, when it comes to transfers, so we should be slightly better off.

:arteta: Our board may not be the best but if you had the west ham board here i reckon you would wanna hang yourself.

4 Likes