Arsene Wenger: A Damaged Legacy?

You don’t care much for facts do you. Statdna predates granit by four years.

4 Likes

The point was, whether he listened to smart people or dumb people; whether he used StatDNA to inform himself or not… he was still calling the shots… he is accountable, pretty much singularly.

2 Likes

StatDNA was bought in December 2012 my bro. Xhaka and Mustafi both bought in 2016.

1 Like

Kinda but this is not entirely true. Dec 2012 and we didnt start using it until summer 2013, so 3 transfer windows really.

And?? What matters is the profile of our signings and how they changed. The only huge money signings Arsene made were after Stat DNA, Arsene was very risk averse. Stat DNA changed all that. The most he’d been spending on transfer prior was around 10m

Ozil 2013, Sanchez 2014, good big money signings no brainers, I mean u didnt need a computer to sign those two but they fall within that time period so we will give Stat DNA credit for them.

Then the rest of the signings we made to have a part in our first team are as follows. Gabriel, Debuchy, Chambers, Ospina, Cech, Elneny, Mustafi, Perez, Xhaka.

And tbh I do hate Xhaka, but I think Mustafi is a decent player just a dumb ass. The moral of the story is, maybe Arsene bought these guys pre stat DNA but he wasnt paying 3 times more than their actual value. So that means Wenger isn’t buying these guys because no fucking way was he valuing them at 35m a pop.

It’s also well documented that Wenger wanted to Sign Griezmann, VVD, and KDB but Stat DNA said no.

if there is any truth to this (which there isnt) no wonder at the end players didnt even have an ounce of respect for him if he doesnt even have the balls to ask for what he wants and demands what he wants but swallowed statdna signings like he had no choice in the matter then he is fucking pathetic and needed to be relieved of his duties.

1 Like

Wenger is a better human than u.

From the NY times btw poo poo mouth.

1 Like

It might be true about the stat DNA but I’m sure Wenger used stats as well when buying and looking at players.

But, even if it’s true, he still continued to pick Xhaka and Mustafi rather than leaving them on the bench, like he did with Perez.

Wenger’s transfer dealings in his last few seasons were very poor.

Aubameyang was good signing but made several seasons too late, and possibly Lacazette, but the fact he stuck with Giroud for more than five seasons proves his inadequacy and lack of decisiveness in the transfer market.

2 Likes

Wenger wanted KDB and Griezmann, the StatDNa guys told him no. Clearly he was being overriden in regards transfers at this point. Why would StatDNA rebuff his requests on players, but not equally rebuff his concerns on a player like Mustafi or Xhaka for example? Very clearly power in the transfer dealings was being taken from Wenger no doubt about it.

This thread is very sad, and if its not already abundantly clear it will be in the near future, exactly how badly this club relied on Arsene to keep it afloat. Damaged legacy?? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::+1::+1::+1::+1:Lelelelelelllelee I think not. You are all about to see how low this club can sink. You’ll be begging for Wenger back and longing for his days as the manager very shortly if you aren’t already, as many are already seeing the light and realizing how spoiled they had become.

1 Like

Can someone tell me, what good players that public did not know, but StatDNA suggested?

1 Like

Good question. I’m sure there aren’t many (if any).
Fuck out StatDNA!

1 Like

So as a man of integrity why didn’t he walk or voice them concerns at the very least.
IF that’s true he’s complicit by not acting and clearly just compromised himself. Therefore he’s at fault IF true or declined. Either way he should of went years earlier.

6 Likes

At this day and age, all good players are already known to public. I wouldn’t call it a failure of StatDNA.

1 Like

Absolutely :+1:

1 Like

Because he wasnt a tyrant he trusted the people he worked with. They made a calculated decision on this statdna trash and it didn’t work. Wenger can’t run the entire organization and manage the club lol other ppl had to do their jobs too :joy::joy:

That’s not how I read it tbh. Maybe I’m wrong, but my impression is that StatsDNA flagged KDB as a potential signing as they did with Gabriel and Higuain. The next sentence “the approach is not flawless” then details how StatsDNA wasn’t on board with the signing of Griezmann.

StatDNA provides a similar service to Arsenal: It was a data-led approach that led to the signing of defender Gabriel Paulista in 2015, and that encouraged Wenger to try to land Gonzalo Higuain before his move to Napoli, despite the reservations of the club’s scouting department.

Kevin de Bruyne, now of Manchester City, was also flagged as a potential signing, only to be discounted because of doubts (incorrect, it turns out) about his ability to cope amid the tumult of the Premier League. The approach is not flawless: When Wenger mentioned a talented young wing at Spain’s Real Sociedad, he was told that his metrics were not overly impressive. Wenger smiled, and remarked that he would be keen to see how the player, Antoine Griezmann, now one of the most coveted strikers in Europe, had developed.

I also remembered Wenger said he did not try to sign Martial because he is not a "striker’…
Well, players do develop (in young age), right?

1 Like

Turns out he was right.

2 Likes

My point was, Martial developed, striker or not.

£36 million transfer fee… young and can be developed.

How much we spent on Xhaka and Mustafi???

1 Like

Imagine having Martial in stead of Laca at this point.

Martial has fantastic footballing quality but he is lazy as a player and often cant be bothered. When united signed him for 40 mil we had Gnabry Sanchez oxlade walcott iwobi etc

2 Likes