Arsène Wenger

Arsene Wenger has announced he will leave Arsenal FC at the end of the season.

Arsene Wenger
Arsenal manager since 1996.

Title Wins:

• FA Premier League (3): 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04
  • Cup Wins:
  • FA Cup (7): 1997–98, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17
  • FA Community Shield (7): 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2014, 2015, 2017

Credit to TheDoctor

4 Likes

Arsene Wenger.
Most successful Arsenal manager.

3 Likes

Please Arsene, i love you and as i don’t want you to tarnish your memory, splash the cash to win some fucking trophies :bellerin:

3 Likes

I’d be surprised if this thread ends up with another 20,000 posts like the old one, unless he’s here another 20 years later :arteta:

5 Likes

If Wenger doesn’t change his habit, I will expect the same/similar comments and postings, even we are on the new site :poldi:

1 Like

Testing twitter links…

3 Likes

:cold_sweat:

Lol ffs Wenger can be such a twat.

1 Like

Everyone knows how territorial old people get.

6 Likes

Don’t be so quick to believe that.

1 Like

Something like that has came out before has it not.

Just get us reinforcement please, Mr. Wenger.

Sources. But yeah, i believe Wenger is a bit narcissist.

SHOW ME THE MONEY FFS!! :bellerin:

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who is the possible replacement? Thierry Henry?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:arteta:

Sadly with how the market works it seems that Wenger made a rather big mistake in the last summer or two by not spending enough money on the squad. Now when you look at the prices that are quoted for average players and how it goes up for half decent ones I think the club could have possibly done better business for half (just guessing) the money they are being asked now.

Especially last summer is really frustrating in that regard when you see the same players going for double the money they were valued back then (Draxler for instance) :-/

5 Likes

Or since 2009. Depending on your point of view. But yes, it has become a much bigger issue this summer in particular. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yep, the market has been consistent in the last 8 years or so, we just have a mindset (including a lot of the fans, not just the club) that we shouldn’t spend more than X on a player. The market moves every year, 30m players become worth 40m then 50m then 60m. If we’d bought 3 30m players 3 years ago we’d he reaping the benefits now and still have over 100m in the bank.

There’s no point holding on to cash, being twice as rich and then when you go to spend that cash, everything being twice as expensive, especially when not spending affects your results in the meantime.

We wouldn’t spend 20m when the best players were 40m. Now we won’t spend 60m when the best players are 100m.

4 Likes

I don’t think he didn’t want to spend. I think he actually tought he could win with a core consisting of Szczesny, Mertesacker, Arteta/Flamini, Ozil and Giroud upfront. Which was a proper illusion from him and a complete overestimation of the quality of said players.

Combine that with the fact that he can’t make a difference on the pitch in tactical regard (the beatdowns, same mistakes at the back, not being able handling certain opponents/playing styles) and there is really no other conclusion to make, but the fact that his time is gone.

But that has been said times again. We are going to have to sit this out.

1 Like

French Gooners. How is Wenger as a pundit & commentator?