Arsène Wenger

if we got a new manager who led us to win the champions league , something that Wenger will never be able to do then will that new manager be labelled the greatest ?
After all the CL is the biggest platform any European manager can win .
Personally for me Graham was the best . Purely because he got hold of a stagnant club and made them winners again .
Nearly the same scenario as now .

2 Likes

I perasonally would take a more hollistic view of the club as opposed to leaving it down to accolades.

Wenger was great because he drove a step change, not just because he won stuff. Much like Herb.

3 Likes

That is a very good point bud . Good post .

1 Like

For sure, unless the other teams WANT it more. I mean, what CAN we do if the opposition wants it more.

3 Likes

You know the saddest part, that team would probably still kick this team’s arse.

He has taken Everton to the same level we are, in about a season, with no world class players.

Wenger has had the luxury of being the longest serving manager in Europe, at the same club, in the same league, with more money and under almost no pressure.

If it was a choice of Wenger or Koeman I would have the manager that is on the way up rather than a manager that’s stagnated.

Koeman did a good job at Southampton and is doing a better job at Everton.
He is experienced in the PL, and because he was a world class player, he has the respect of the players.

If Allegri doesn’t want to come here I think he would be the best choice.

The main question is, would Koeman leave Everton to come to a club who’s main ambition is to make a profit?

1 Like

Lol! I thought it was true :wenger:

Get rid of Lolcott :wink:

Overmars to help Wenger?

Even Sky Sports are bored of us

9 Likes

On that note, could next season be the season Arsenal actually plays more than a handful of fixtures at 3pm on a saturday?!! :dizzy_face:

There is an upside to being mediocre after all :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Or more sunday games :wink:

1 Like

Lol at Sky axing us for Tottenham. :joy:

Better game tbf so can understand why they would.

1 Like

I have read of Overmars as potential sporting director and players like Dembele, Tierny, Zaha and Pickford as new incomings. We’re ready for the EL and to become the new Tottenham.

2 Likes

I don’t know about those players but I’m not against Overmars as Director of Football. I don’t know very much about his time at Ajax but, from what I can see, he has done a good job during his tenure. They have a young and exciting squad - arguably the most interesting Ajax team in a long time - and its been put together not just with the youth system but through some very savvy cheap buys (Dolberg, Sanchez, Ziyech, etc).

I suggest reading up on that one

1 Like

surely has to be BS SURELY, WTF has happened to this fucking club so the board cant decide either half are out half are in…jesus make a fucking decision if true have infighting even at board level if this is true no wonder the club is so fucking poor.

3 Likes

I think he is hoping he can win the FA Cup and it will turn things around.
But I don’t think we will win the FA Cup, and even if we do it won’t be enough, unless we get top four as well.

I’m beginning to think that Gazidis and maybe Ken Friar are our only hopes. They are the only ones on the board who know anything about football or have much truly invested in the team winning silverware. After that its basically just clueless Kroenkes who only care if the team is profitable and rich London jerkoffs like Sir Chips and Lord Harris who probably mainly view their board seats as ways to prop up their social status among other rich London jerkoffs.