Arsène Wenger

If it was an isolated match I would agree but in recent seasons this sort of performance is happening more regularly.

In previous seasons we would lose games like this but would still have a lot more shots and make a lot more chances but it’s the way we are losing that is frustrating.

We look weak physically and mentally, and that shouldn’t be happening against teams like Watford.
In recent seasons I can’t remember that many performances where we played brilliantly even if we won, and certainly not a run of games where we looked great.

Watford are an incredibly well built team, Marco Silva is making a name for himself for good reason, as I type this they have just made it 1-1 away to Chelsea.

I just looked at the odds for Watford to beat Chelsea and they were 20/1 and then they go and score and there down to 6/1
I agree that he is a very good manager.
There have been rumours this week linking him with us but it’s hard to say if he could make that sort of leap from a club like Watford to us.

Like I said, I’d take Phoebica over AW right now… Silva looks fine to me… :henry2:

1 Like

What did Deeney say?

You know what…nevermind…I don’t care.

He has such a dumb face and body, I doubt he said something meaningful.

What he described was the exact reason why we lost against Watford and Chelsea in the end won against Watford.

People are smirking on social media and stuff about his comments and this loss, but we needed them too get points of Chelsea :confused:. Or that would at least help the cause.

Yeah why are people so buthurt about his comments. :joy: He spoke the absolute truth and now cause they lost to Chelsea it’s wheres your cojones now eh? Embarrassing :joy:

2 Likes

What’s embarrassing is a non entity like Troy Deeney commenting on The Arsenal in order to lay a platform for his inevitable entry into pathetic punditry career.

The guy simply isn’t qualified to comment on Arsenal player’s mentality. Whilst he was on his holidays Arsenal were playing in the FA cup final against the League winners and outclassed them to win our 3rd FA cup in four years.

He’s a bottom feeder

10 Likes

It’s so pathetic that people still feel the need to mock Deeney after what he said. Especially after a game with rivals.

I’ve heard almost every ex Arsenal player who is working as a pundit say far worse.
Why are people so bothered about a Watford player who told the truth?

Hope by “rivals” that just a tongue in cheek comment and you aren’t serious about it.

I was taking about Chelsea? Or do you not consider Chelsea a rival?

My bad

You are totally right, and I was internally fuming that he’d have the cheek to walk into a TV studio after having beaten us and then disrespect us in the way that he did. Not to mention being mad at the other people in the studio who encourage that level of disrespect to Arsenal when they wouldn’t dream of it with another club.

But the reality is that Deeney was totally right in terms of the content of his comments. We clearly lack the balls/mental fortitude to be a top club.

I can only speak for myself, but that’s why the comments stung so much, because I knew that I couldn’t disagree with the content of what he said despite hating the fact that he felt it was ok to show us that level of disrespect.

3 Likes

Lol i think it’s just that we arent very good. Our team is filled with 4th - 6th talent. When you are slightly better than mediocre this shit happens. Maybe someone could do a real job with this team and push the eventual PL champs, but yeah, when other teams in the league are spending inordinate amounts of cash assembling all star squads, and you arent, it’s really just a foregone conclussion.

That’s exactly why the one off season where the Champions only got 80 points was a travesty for us, that season was our chance.

He a Premier League footballer who plays for a club much smaller than Arsenal that’s got the better of Arsenal more often than they should have. I’d say he’s more qualified than most to say why he thinks that is.

Opposition players and coaches have been alluding to this for years, so it’s nice for one to come and say it. Troy Deeney is insignificant. It could have been any cunt at any club but he point is Troy Deeney would not go on TV and make those comments about any other club in the country because Arsenal have this reputation of being soft that other clubs do not have and that’s all Arsenal / Wenger’s fault.

3 Likes

Deeney has won nothing, we’ll just prove that whale wrong :grinning:

You are the best manager mate. Glad to have you on board.

1 Like

Happy fucking birthday, Mr Wenger. We’ve all clubbed together and bought you a one way ticket to Timbuktu!

3 Likes