Arsène Wenger

How so?
He managed to kept us alive while clubs like Liverpool went shit.

Wenger by all accounts of people who work with and have come in contact with the man is a gentleman and a saint. He might have lost the magic he had but I really question anyone that thinks Wenger just sticks around for a paycheck and has some deep down evil ulterior motive. When we are shit, which has been a lot lately, Arsene looks like he’s being tortured. It’s clear to me that he cares and unless his acting is academy award winning level. He still thinks he can help and that’s why he sticks around, also he must be getting backing from the board obviously as they keep giving him contracts so I can’t blame the guy for being persistent.

3 Likes

Wenger once confirmed it himself.

How so?

Anything that made him legendary he has ruined himself. When he leaves I don’t want to hear or see him ever again

Well anyways, Barca were so grateful for what Cruyff did…

(helped mould the likes of Koeman, Pep into the great players they are today, set up la Masia so they could discover Messi, develop Xavi, iniesta, won them their first European cup and really gave them their modern day identity and many other things I forget)

…That they sacked him after 8 years at the club, because he hadn’t won trophies in his final 2 years.

1 Like

Well Barca we all could attest are bunch of cunts.

I think you need a break from Arsenal.
Its a game. chill out.

Nah I need a break from Wenger but you support your club throughout even with a shit past it manager who can’t see it’s time to go.

Do that but whats the point in doing so if it makes you an incredibly irritated person.
You used to be chill man.
Now you are Aussie & InvincibleDB10 on steroids.

Shows you that like you said, it’s a game. You’re not going to get much more grateful than what Arsenal have been and if you expect anything more then you’ll be disappointed.

There is little room sentimentality and even the makers of football clubs start getting past it they should be moved on.

It’s becoming increasingly clear Wenger should really have left in 2008, looking back.

1 Like

They are only interested in winning.
Wenger wanted to build something himself.
Just because he wanted to be part of building a new stadium doesn’t make him any more loyal than anyone else.
It just means he had the opportunity to do something not many others would be given the chance to do.

Being paid 8m a season, while knowing you have the safest job in Europe, is something anyone would remain loyal to.

Honestly this is the only place I say this stuff as it’s an arsenal forum and where I can vent about us. I don’t feel angry or mad in every day life :joy: as thats ridiculous

2 Likes

Well being a legend is not something that can be removed imo. You still did the things that made you legendary.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Yea, Wenger, the man who never lies.

Or doesnt see it :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s his persistence that is why we’re in the mess we’re in.

We don’t need persistence with the same outcome.
We need something different.

Anything that isn’t so boring and predictable.

1 Like

Yeah because no one would have taken it.

Martin O Neil walked out of Villa job for not having transfer funds despite spending 50m each of last 3 seasons.
Tony Pulis left Crystal Palace for similar reasons.
Conte did his antics on getting players he wanted.
Mourinho would have seizures at the thought of not getting to spend money.

No manager out there would willingly subject themselves to a decade long monetary restriction.

You say it like Wenger is some politician trying to save his arse.

Wenger has only lied to safeguard his players or maintain transfer confidentiality.

No he left because a player he wanted to keep was sold. I think Ivan should do this to get rid of Wenger.

1 Like

Christ! FFS! @Trion at it again! Why does he always ruin the threads?