Arsène Wenger

Fair enough, I guess the strikes are for Kroenke only.

Edit 2: was a fake

The case for Wenger achieving Kroenke’s goals is CL qualification. Last year Wenger got 75 points and missed out on the CL by 1 point. So there’s a case it was a reasonable season.

Kroenke won’t be happy with 2 years out of the CL. If Wenger qualifies through the EL, Kroenke might not call for his head. If he doesn’t he probably will.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be the one or the other. Certainly anyone looking at the insides of the club will have a much different feeling towards FA cups and put more value into winning them and how much it can be credited to the manager’s future. Add as you say being one point off reaching the CL spots and you have a perfectly valid argument for renewing the manager in place and putting further trust into him.

In fairness in 2014 it was widely reported there had been a contract offer on the table for some time, it just took him until after the final to sign it. I always thought if we’d lost that game he’d have walked but he was clearly still the boards guy back then. Not so much last summer when there was certainly split opinion which was ultimately decided by Stan. But i think it was a joint decision back in 2014.

1 Like

Josh will sack him.

4 Likes

:pray:t2:

Looks like they are gonna see if he can get us through the EL. My hopes are he can win it for us so we get CL next season, and obviously I just want some silverware to celebrate. If we drop out of the EL though, I’d bet he gets sacked on the spot.

What worries me is that if he wins the EL, he might not be sacked. If it is between winning the EL and keeping Wenger and not winning the EL and not keeping Wenger I hate to say it (because I’d love to see Wenger get European silverware before ending it with Arsenal, and because, naturally, I’d love for the club to be in CL next season) but I choose the latter.

3 Likes

If he won the Europa League the board aren’t going to keep a manager, who will be in the last season of his contract.

We are desperate for new signings, so they aren’t going to trust someone who has been useless in the transfer market in the last few seasons, to get what we need.

I doubt we will come to winning the Europa League anyway, but if we do, he should do what he did after winning the FA Cup last season, and resign.
If it’s Wenger’s choice he will say, “we’ve turned the corner and can really challenge next season,” but the board should have the sense to say we’ve had enough, and ask him to leave.

I think if AC Milan embarrass us, and we go out, he will be gone before the season finishes, and the board will sack him.

1 Like

Out of the Europa League and he is gone, imo.

We aren’t winning EL. We cant even win a game at the moment.

2 Likes

Yeah unlikely we will win the EL anyways. However best case scenario is we win it and then Wenger is forced out.

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/971082582585757697?s=19

If you listen really carefully, you can hear Mbappe ripping up his contract for a permanent PSG move

8 Likes

Le10sport lol

How bad have things become when people would choose not winning a European trophy and CL football over Wenger getting sacked lol.

According to The Times; Wenger believes he’s the right man for the job and has told his coaching staff he will not be leaving this summer.

5 Likes

Fuck yes perfect timing, I hope this is true. Wenger would be given all the tools he needs to succeed at PSG, basically the richest club in the world nowadays. There’s still a top manager in there. Even last season getting results against the biggest clubs and bringing home a trophy to a club who had no business doing so.

Wenger’s issues are that he’s harbored too safe of an environment for mediocre players, and naturally after such a long time, your message as a leader becomes stale. Kind of reverse Mourinho. Mo is too much of a demanding asshole so the players give up. Wenger is far to lenient and the players get away with murder. Wenger has also become complacent, which is natural when you’ve been a job for such a long time and you aren’t going to be threatened.

If Wenger took over at PSG, I’d bet his message and philosophy would be be refreshing to the players there who’ve probably never played under a fatherly type figure. He would also work a bit harder to instill the culture he wants there, and getting a new job would be a fresh breath of air, and put some urgency back into his career. I don’t think he’d have a super long shelf life, but 3 years or so might be enough to win a lot of shit with that squad over there.

We had no business bringing home the FA Cup? Where do you come up with this shit lol

2 Likes

Image Wenger going there and winning them the Champions League :rofl: