Arsène Wenger

I agree.
There has never been a really successful ex manager as a pundit.
Imagine Wenger talking about football with the likes of Savage or Barton.
He’d wipe the floor with them.

1 Like

Sign it’s an executive decision by Stan?

I think he’ll either take the PSG job, or take over from Deschamps.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/987282327440121856

2 Likes

9 Likes

One Arséne Wenger! Fuck the haters! (me, too).

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UnaiEmery_/status/987276934693474306

PSG boss Unai Emery tweeted: “Cannot talk about Arsenal , the Premier League and coaching without citing Arsene Wenger, a reference without doubt. Thanks Arsene!”

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/90sfootball/status/987254873031888896

Look at this don.

Mertesacker statement:

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/987284313942224897

7 Likes

Beautiful !! Nothing but respect for WENGER !!

2 Likes

If you aren’t going to respect him for what he’s done for the club and the fans over 22 years then shut up you tedious little shitbag and let the rest of us get on with it.

There’s no need for all these odious and snide remarks. Yes he declined in the last few years, but I’ll still take 3 FA Cups in 4 years over pretty much anything else the majority of managers in the Premier League achieved.

His success and impact cannot only be measured in trophies.

10 Likes

Sheer class of a man. We have been privaliged, and we’ll realise it more once he’s gone.

2 Likes

Simeone is at the emirates on Thursday. Sign him up

1 Like

2 Likes

I have been a harsh critic of Arsene for the last 10 seasons, but there is no denying that now that the moment is there it does hurt a little bit to see him go. He was at Arsenal when I was still a teenager and given us the Invincibles and Henry and Bergkamp and so much beauty in his first half of his career at Arsenal.

I wish him all the best and that he may leave Arsenal with the Europa League trophy.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/987289019921944576

Emotional tribute by Arsenal legend Bob Wilson.

God, we have to win the Europa for this man. Please guys.

Even fucking United and Liverpool fans on twitter want us to do it now

4 Likes

Oh fuck off you sentimental cunt. The reality is where in a whole lot of shit in the near future. Getting misty eyed over the early days is selective amnesia.

3 Likes

Enjoy the moment, and stop being a twat.

4 Likes

It was interesting when he was asked about supporters staying away and the empty seats at the Emirates recently.
He didn’t seem to have much to say about it and looked almost resigned to the fact our PL season was over, and has done for a while, which is unlike him.

He has made the right decision, although a few seasons earlier would have been better, because he couldn’t have changed anything next season and he knows all the other top clubs are pulling away from us.

I wrote the very first post in this thread, which was Arsene Wenger. most successful Arsenal manager, and nothing has changed.
While we were at Highbury, for me, he was the best manager in the PL, and certainly the most revolutionary and influential, playing the best football in the league.
He was also the classiest and more articulate compared to Ferguson, Mourinho, Allardyce, Pulis etc, that were constantly sniping at him.

It’s a shame he didn’t change with the game and he became stubborn and wouldn’t change his outdated principles, while more modern, adaptable, rival managers caught up and overtook him.

It must have taken a lot for him to make this decision, but it is the right one, and I hope he wins the Europa League because he deserves to go out on a high and if any manager in Europe deserves a stadium named after him, it’s Wenger, because of what he has done for the club.

3 Likes

Arsenal club captain Per Mertesacker…

On Wenger’s announcement: "We have just been informed basically. It is quite emotional. Obviously he has been at the club for such a long time, he has been so supportive to me. One major reason why I’m here is because of him. It’s been emotional and there will be time to digest it but it is a sad feeling right now.

On what it’s been like to work with him: "He’s been the major figure for this club for over 20 years. He’s been so impressive for me and he’s trusted me so much throughout my career, in bringing me here, giving me the opportunity to play here and making me captain even when I was injured. He also gave me a future role here at the club, so I’m very grateful and humbled for the opportunity he gave to me. It is a sad day for me but we’re also moving forward for the future. It’s in Arsene’s interest as well that this club will give positive memories to the fans and the people.

On what he’s learnt from him: "A lot on the pitch but also his quality of being calm in the right moments, giving people trust and empowering people to explore themselves. There have been a lot of challenges, a lot of highs and lows, but how he went through tough times has taught me a lot about his character and about how to trust people and get the people in the right places to be successful. He gave us the opportunity to explore ourselves in order to be successful, and he’s always managed to get the team around himself to be successful. The memories of winning titles with him and bringing joy to so many people - something he has done for years - is a heck of an achievement.

3 Likes

Rangers forums all posting about Wenger to Rangers hahahaha :arteta:

I remember that rumour from my younger days lol

2 Likes