Arsène Wenger

I hate people. After that convo, i sent them Gunnerblog’s post about people having a go at Arsenal fans being nice, and they were like “desperate much”

1 Like

I’ve been getting the same. They’re just trying to rile you up.

Just send a message saying that’s bait or something lol.

1 Like

Yeah, i’ve had it all night, that was an earlier “nice” example. Other fans don’t understand at all. They’re all used to a new manager every 3 minutes, so the idea of us hating and loving a manager at the same time is lost on them.

1 Like

Seaman, Neville and others need to shut the fuck up telling fans how to feel and behave

I’m fucking celebrating. If Wenger wanted thanks he should have left at a more appropriate time and handed over a squad that didn’t need ripping up

He should be thankful he got basically 10 more years than was normal and got paid £80 million in the process

Fuck Seaman and Neville

1 Like

United fans already missing him because he was dragging us down. Fucking clowns.

Started going 1971

1 Like

How old are you?

You can say 21 if you like. I am just being nosey.

Decent year to start. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Edit: you know what, this is a fucking incredible stat (I assume it’s true). These cunts had a 4-5 year head start.

12 Likes

How about fuck you.

1 Like

Claude not holding back

How did he get on Sky lol

On the link take out the ?s=19 :slight_smile:

1 Like

He has gone senile, tbh.

Probably one of my favourite Wenger pictures

5 Likes

Being a foreign fan, it has been Wenger who has brought to Arsenal. His way of thinking and style of play was so far ahead at time. Think even Guardiola copied some of our old football. He only missed to win the Champions League in that period thanks to a fucking referee.

He deserves a great farewell :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I love and hate the way ticket sales have gone since this announcement. I mean, I love that everyone wants to get behind Wenger’s goodbye. But I hate that none of these people wanted to get behind the team (I kinda include myself in this btw)

1 Like

Posted this on the facepage, so I figured I share it here.

22 years is a long run. Especially in the modern era of the Premier League. He came onto the scene with with a different idea of what football should be and brought with him a style that made us all sit up and want to watch. The brilliant, attacking play he espoused changed the way an entire country viewed and played the sport. He’s one of the main reasons I grew to love this game. All the titles, trophies, an unbeaten season… those are all amazing achievements that he brought to Arsenal… but more than that, he brought a culture of respect to this football club.

The last couple of years have been rough, I’ve often wondered if he was somehow tarnishing his legacy by holding on for too long. But even though I was frustrated, I never lost respect for him. Even though I openly asked for him to leave, I never lost respect for the man.

So, with an odd mixture of sadness and hope… I’ll simply say #MerciArsene

9 Likes

I’ve not really had chance to think properly about this until this morning. I was mid-lesson when the news came through yesterday and some of my students gave me the news just as I was covering a particularly tricky exam question :joy:

I think for those that are celebrating the news, I get it, I felt like most that the time was right for change. I dont get the need for unpleasant or unnecessarily barbed comments, but there you go, everyone’s got a different outlook.

I think there will, with the passage of time, be a more unanimous appreciation of his legacy which is unlikely to ever be bettered. I posted the below on Facebook and would like to echo the sentiment here:

Three League championships, seven FA Cups - more than any other manager anywhere. The longest undefeated run in the long history of league football in this country and the transformation of football throughout Britain and beyond. Oversaw the transformation of Arsenal from a club sliding into irrelevance and its own history into one that is likely to now always enjoy a position in the top bracket of English football. What he did, others followed.

22 years of tireless dedication and focus through good times and bad. He has given others the credit for his successes and taken responsibility for failure even when the failure was not his.

As a child, he was a hero. As an adult an inspiration, and never more so than now.

Merci, Monsieur Wenger

12 Likes

Who said it: Arsène or Aristotle?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/wh4mrVD7d6tfdzlkdXJN7h/arsene-or-aristotle?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_radio_4&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=radio_and_music

I got 7 right lol