Arsène Wenger

Ah yeah exactly, the adams family

This warms my heart.

1 Like

This breaks my heart.

1 Like

Not Tonys thats for sure.

Next Italian manager then. Would you be happy.

He’s like the overbearing parent that makes their kid live with them until they are 35…

A two faced photograph of Wenger. Apt that.

Lol @Electrifying loving that ur on the mole train with me now. Lookie lookie what Moley said back in February :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

From David Dein.

12 Likes

At first when the news broke out, I was honestly upset and sad, even though I have been saying for the past 10 years he needs to be gone, because his tactics post 2008 have been atrocious at times.

However, now that the dust has settled a bit and reality has been accepted, I do think this is a great turn of events. What so many of us wanted is finally going to happen and we will see how Arsenal respond and what will become of us post-Wenger and I for one am actually pretty excited about this.

Regarding Wenger, I wish him all the best and he will be forever Arsene Arsenal to me and in the EPL history books as one of the greatest managers who has served football. Good for him. On y vas!

1 Like

French national team makes sense. Deschamps doesn’t have it and it seems there is not another French option out there. Although I really doubt he has the tactical knowhow to make them successful.

1 Like

Plucking cheek calling out fans in the press conference

Lack of unity, harmony and toxic atmosphere was largely down to you overstaying Wenger. We all know the seemingly endless stream of terrible performances and balls ups in transfers.

But you wanna blame the fans. What we we supposed to do, sit there and take it?

Cannot wait for him to be gone. And I tell you, I defended him fiercely in chat rooms and down the pub for a good ten years

1 Like

Anybody read the article of Jeremy Wilson? Load of crap imo. Making top four and seeing things in perspective is nice and all, and I feel Wenger got a pass from a decent amount of fans, but what about the structural beatdowns? What about the 15/16 season? What about how slow and boring the football became? There are many reasons Wenger shouldn’t be here other than us not being able to complete with Chelsea and City.

1 Like

I agree, the toxic environment is partially created by Wenger himself. Overstayed his time for way too long and finishing 6th with 33 points off of Manchester City is I think argument enough to sack a manager. 6th is the lowest he has got in his 22 years here and the last few years we were deteriorating for a good while now.

1 Like

Did you read beyond the headlines?

2 Likes

I don’t think he did this. He said supporters fighting over his future and the lack of unity has damaged Arsenal’s reputation around the world. He was just stating a fact.

He finds it upsetting that the values of the club are being compromised. I think that is what he was trying to say – and he recognises that his work is the reason for the mockery. He didn’t say he blamed the fans for their discontent, just that he didn’t want to be the reason they were unhappy.

That’s how I interpreted it anyway.

I would suggest watching his press conference, rather than reading the S*n.

1 Like

He would make a good candidate for the France job.

If he could go back to Wengerba he’d have a field day with Mbappe, Griezman, Dembele, Martial, Pogba, Coman and so on…

I’d love to see Arsene take on the France job.

3 Likes

Is he gonna comment for Bein Sport in Russia?