Arsène Wenger

Ornstein retweeted.

Props to the board then. Put him out of his msiery and worked it in a way that he is getting the send-off he deserves.

You are really giving props to this shitty board that is only interested in selling seats and 4th place not caring about whether fans actually attend the matches?

2 Likes

Yep, according to wiki we’ve made £19m over the two windows.

Whether or not he’s a scapegoat, he needed getting rid of and I’m glad it’s happening.

1 Like

Yes. See my post in Wenger replacement thread.

People think Wenger was an easy scapegoat for the board?

Maybe, but just as easily I think the board and Kroenke were easy scapegoats for many of us (including me) who couldn’t face the fact that a man we love and a manager we looked up to as one of the greatest had lost it.

Also it seemed they blatantly cared about fans not showing up to matches, hence the recent sacking…

It does seem like they got a job to do to win people like you over.

Will be interesting to see if they do. Tbh you could easily be right. Would much prefer a Spanish style presidential system over these Tory lord type fucks running things with their ‘im above you’ attitude in any case.

1 Like

Agreed but I just hate the fact the board got away with it. The smug look on people like Gazidis’ face is annoying.

2 Likes

Thierry Henry’s first leg goal :heart_eyes:

You could say it was Welbeck-esque… :speak_no_evil:

https://youtu.be/s6OuYKSkIWU

My favourite Wenger European moment is 16/05/18 at Stade de Lyon. :henry2:

7 Likes

The only thing the board is guilty is of holding on to Wenger for too long.

Wenger is 99% culpable for the current state of Arsenal FC. Was probably willing continue to next season despite the consistently poor results

8 Likes

Anyways man I’m glad for him. He should thank the board.

Instead of getting abuse and eating shit off people like DT, he will be smashing Ligue 1 and making CL challenges, scouting and buying whatever player takes his fancy for Tuchel at PSG.

Just watch, it’s a better, richer, more stress free way of living out his later days in football.

I hope he has more time to reconnect with his family as well. Heard his daughter graduated from Cambridge, congratulations to her.

2 Likes

He was obviously let go.

I mean what manager says they’re stepping down mid-contract but are going to continue working for someone else? If he announced his retirement and they allowed it that’d be one thing but no he’s made it pretty clear he’s not retiring.

Imagine if Guardiola just decided he was stepping down in June and then took the Arsenal job. City would be sueing the shit out of us.

3 Likes

Yeah this restores my faith a tiny bit in the board and ownership - they finally pulled the trigger when I didn’t think they had the balls and did it in the best possible way under the worst of circumstances… looking forward to next year even if we only have 50 million net spend to work with…

Get rid of Welbeck, Moose and let Wilshere walk… we should have enough to bring in two top players in that 40 million or so bracket or one 50 and one 20-30… add in a free signing for depth and a youngster, good to go for top 4 competing again (will take longer to get to title-contending).

2 Likes

Of course he was fired I can’t believe anyone actually believed he quit himself. The naivety in believing that.

But I am reluctant to give props to the owner for doing something he should have done a long time ago only because he was pushed by the circumstances. Results weren’t the reason Wenger was let go. If Wenger was evaluated based on results he would have been allowed to honour his contract.

1 Like

He was sacked.

Read somewhere that our global viewing figures were down around 14% which Stan and co didnt take too kindly towards. Also sponsors were unhappy. The decision came from the top.

The only thing that was surprising is that it took this long to pull the trigger.

It’s gonna be interesting to read what he is gonna say after he leaves us. He doesn’t sound too happy.

Sorry but if he was sacked, that is absolutely fucking disgusting, one year left on his contract and he’s given everything for this club, why not just not renew his contract than embarrass the man even more, after 22 years of service did he really deserve the sack?

All this shit the club spouts about core values and traditions are long dead and it’s a charade they like to role out to pretend they’re better than the rest when in fact they’re no better than anyone. Fuck the board and most of all fuck that snakey cunt Gazidis.

I hope he gets another shot somewhere else and smashes it.

The man deserves a lot more respect than he’s getting and it’s makes me fucking sick and ashamed.

Utterly disgusted.

2 Likes

Yes.

Next.

13 Likes

They saved him from himself, in a way it was a kindness in addition to being long overdue.

No one can take away what he has done for the club, the impact he had on the game and the fact he is a great man despite no longer being a great manager. However, it has been clear for years he is not the one to lead the club forward and as such gently pushing him out is the right move for all parties involved.

It’s funny you’re now saying fuck the board when he has been given autonomy and total control and yet lead the club into regression, he’s had all the time in the world and now it’s run out.

4 Likes

He’ll get a nice severence package for being sacked surely. Wealthy bastard. :wenger2:

1 Like

Its taken too long to happen and put us in a difficult position now to recover. We have to look forward quick as we can now.
Huge game thursday and dont need these comments getting in the way. He wont go quietly. Im sure he will sling his share of mud before he goes.