Brexit

History in the making. This is British Prime Minister Theresa May signing the document that will remove the (currently not so) United Kingdom from the European Union.

Shame. Lots of insecurities coming your way now. Iā€™m hoping the best, that it wonā€™t be too bad.

Itā€™s disappointing that ideas arenā€™t being sold on the ground of actual facts these days but with lots of fear mongering and the people responsible (especially Farage) wonā€™t ever face the real consequences if it goes wrong.

Some interesting 2 years coming up now. I hope by the time itā€™s done you wonā€™t be shutting us out of your internet too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

U.K. in 20 years.

1 Like

That twat has already said heā€™s off if Brexit is a disaster. :neutral_face: (But says it wonā€™t be.)

This site was originally Swedish. So you should be golden. :wink:

2 Likes

Happy Freedom Day lads!!

3 Likes

A fantastic day for Britain.
A beginning of a new better Britain without the EU .

1 Like

ā€œChecks the likesā€
Seems like some people didnā€™t get the joke.:facepalm:

1 Like

Or they did

2 Likes

Day one of a very long, tedious, and painful two years for the UK and Europe. I donā€™t support the decision, but the majority of the voting electoraet voted for it and it now has to be carried out. The quicker that the future relationship between the UK and the EU gets sorted out the better. There are other pressing issues that will be ignored for two full years that really shouldnā€™t be.

1 Like

This is true but I would imagine if there was another vote, now people have realised that the reasons to leave, given by Farage and Johnson, were lies, then the majority would vote to remain.

The only people to gain from leaving are unscrupulous employers, right wingers and the rich.
Anyone who is working class will gain nothing and they will watch their employment rights, wages and job security decrease.

You only have to look at the sort of people heading the leave campaign to know what is going on.

3 Likes

A decision like this should have never been left to the idiotic public.

9 Likes

If I let myself think too much about about Brexit I get full on rage so Iā€™m trying to pretend it isnā€™t happening.

On the plus side, at least weā€™ll have bent bananas!

I agree - which is why I voted remain.

However, the lies were not limited just to the leave campaign. The reamin campaign was pretty shambolic in its scaremongering, and was something that I refused to participate when talking about the benefits of EU membership to friends/family/colleagues etc.

Also, itā€™s rather odd but public attitude seeminglt shows that people want Brexit to happen sooner rather than later. Thereā€™s little sign of a swing on either side, but polling data, if anything, shows a slight swing to leave (atleast in the sense of getting on with exiting the EU).

1 Like

Has Wenger posted his Article 50 letter yet?

1 Like

Saw a segment on BBC Breakfast this morning where they were interviewing a bunch of OAPs in Spain who were saying they voted yes to Brexit because they thought the UK needed more sovereignty and should leave the EU so they could kick out the immigrants. Except, they were definitely not moving back to the UK either.

WHY THE FUCK THEN, ARE YOU:

A.) LIVING IN SPAIN, WHICH IS STILL IN THE EU AND HAS A SHIT LOAD OF AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF LEAVING THE EU

B.) VOTING ON FUCKING MATTERS WHICH WONā€™T AFFECT YOU SINCE YOU WONā€™T GO BACK TO THE UK.

Iā€™m Danish but Iā€™ve lived 12 years in the UK. I went to Primary school here, I did my BA here, I did my MSc here and Iā€™ve worked and paid taxes.

I grew up watching Blue Peter and Oatis the Aardvark and the fucking Chuckle Brothers and Match of the Day and Top of the Pops and SM:TV Live. I use to watch Wimbledon FC at Selhurst Park when they had to do a ground-share with Crystal Palace before the club went extinct. I love Yorkshire puddings. I love sitting in pubs day drinking.

Iā€™M MORE FUCKING ENGLISH THAN MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO FUCKING VOTED TO LEAVE. And now I might be getting kicked out or having to go through the same tedious, expensive visa applications and requirements as all sorts of other countries.

Denmarkā€™s right around the bloody corner, you fuckers. Weā€™re supposed to be friends and neighbours.

Like Nick Clegg said, the majority of the immigrants in the UK donā€™t even come from the EU.

10 Likes

Donā€™t worry @Cristo move to Scotland when we leave the UK :wink:

2 Likes

Fucking legend! :joy:

1 Like

Whose going to clean my car windows now?
Or sell me Copy of the big issue?
Gina Miller save usā€¦

1 Like