Bundesliga

Of course, as you are watching them :wink:

Leipzig 2-0 up.

That was awesome by Dembele. :joy: Shame he scuffed it after.

Lewa again. Easy for Bayern today.
Little Darmstadt not giving up in their fight to avoid relegation. 1-0 against Ausburg.

Brilliant from Reus to assist PEA! 0-2

1 Like

Lewaā€™s hattrick, Dortmund 2-0 up, Cologne pull one back and Ausburg equalize.
Alaba. 5-0.
7-0! Lol!

1 Like

0-3ā€¦ Another goal laid on a plate for PEA. This time by Erik Durm after being found by a nice pass from Dembele.

1 Like

Ah, the annual HSV capitulation to Bayern. Now watch them put up a real fight against Dortmund in a couple of weeks :joy: Hopefully this is finally the year they go down.

2 Likes

3-1 Leipzig.

Fucking Leverkusen is losing at home to Mainz. Wonder if this is finally it for Schmidt.

1 Like

8-0! Hamburg, just retire, please!

Darmstadt relegated now surely, shame

Hamburg please just go now :no_mouth:

Right, so in vintage PPB fashion basically you agree with me but have done it in a roundabout way that ensures that it seems like you are disagreeing. :wink: :iwobi:

No, but seriously, thereā€™s the loan, which letā€™s be honest, was a massive fuck up that most of us saw at the time, and then we can enter into the slightly more speculative parts: at what other clubs do players just disappear for a year only for us to find out like 8 months later they have some strange chronic injury that should be relatively minor but for some reason lingers forever? And, while I know you will disagree with this in typical roundabout fashion, heā€™s gone to Bremen for what reason, obviously? Playing time. Would he have gone if he were promised that here? I really donā€™t think itā€™s such a big assumption to say noā€¦his recent comments and those from his father suggest playing time was very much the issue. He was blocked by Iwobi, Alexis, and Oxlade-Chamberlain (maybe wouldā€™ve even seen Ramsey as a player blocking him too going into this season) here, and certainly more effort couldā€™ve been made to rid ourselves of one of those players blocking him, and convince him he would find minutes here? (As he certainly should, given our current squad)

In short, we come back to my initial conclusion: we botched it as much as you can botch something like this.

Thatā€™s not even true, he was doing the business at 17 in the middle of a title race. That you couldnā€™t see it or donā€™t remember it is another issue. :wink:

can you provide any sort of evidence to back that up?

seems clear as day he is better now than he was then.

Aye, thatā€™s your specialty.

So yea, because he could have obviously also signed a contract at Arsenal and then gone to Bremen on loan. Bremen these days is hardly in a situation where they would pass up such a chance if offered to them as you can see with Gnabry being their top goalscorer.

You with your argumentation though will look at 10 full games for Arsenal played 3 years ago, ignore that he looked unfit for quite a while after being injured, (rightfully) criticize the West Brom loan and then come to the conclusion that we should have renewed his contract years ago before his first convincing performances after a long time last summer.

As to how much the playing time argument really holds up weā€™ll see in the summer. Apparently he got a dirt cheap release clause (8m) in his contract, so if heā€™ll move on this year again to a club where heā€™s not guaranteed to play as much as he does now we can see how much playing time really played a part in this.

Hamburg have now lost 8-0, 8-0 and 9-2 away at Bayern encompassing their last seven visits, conceding 44 goals overall in those games [BBC]

1 Like

Wenger could greatly improve those scorelines.

2 Likes

Thing was, Adler had a decent game :sunglasses:

You donā€™t usually read Hamburg match reports without a sentence beginning ā€œA Djourou mistakeā€¦ā€ and unfortunately he was at it again throughout

Why would he do that when he can do what he did in fact do? Heā€™s got much more freedom and power to choose his career moves now, and Arsenal have much less (precisely: none). Can hardly blame him given the ridiculous choices we made with him (West Brom) and potentially with his fitness (shambles that our club was injury wise before the reform after 13-14). In every way not signing a contract with Arsenal, if he wasnā€™t convinced he was going to be an important member of the squad as he shouldā€™ve been, was a better decision for his career.

When did I say that? I didnā€™t.

People really have short memories. First of all itā€™s logical heā€™d be a bit better 3 years older and more mature (his first couple starts were a bit nervy as to be expected, though the quality was obvious), but in his few starts that season he scored the winner against Swansea, won the winning penalty against Palace, produced a man of the match display against Spurs in the FA Cup, and had another fine display against Aston Villa. All these when we were very much in the thick of the title race (I repeat: at the age of 17). In the spring he was rightly preferred to Podolski before a few more players got fit and he got injured.

1 Like

Because heā€™d be contracted at a better club, getting payed more and would have one foot through the door already to playing time at a top club if he performed well out on loan or at the club.

Even his father said so himself during the summer that he would have preferred if he stayed at Arsenal and fought for his place.

Speculation

Slight exaggeration on my part, given how fixated you are on him for a long time now.