Burnley vs Arsenal (Premier League)

There’s risk but it’s calculated risk, if we can’t rotate against goal shy Burnley then who can we do it against?

Considering there’s an international break next week, there’s little point in doing much rotation for this one. I expect one or two changes, but that’s about it. It may ‘only’ be Burnley, but points aren’t handed on a plate, you got to go earn them, and no matches can’t be taken lightly anymore.

1 Like

Burnley at home maybe, similar opposition at home. Ludgorets. Carling cup.

Hopefully during the season we find a dynamic with one of Giroud/Lucas/Ramsey filling in in the front 3 that works well and offers scope for rotation. Now is not the moment to try, though, going into an int’l break and needing nothing but 3 pts.

In midfield when Coquelin is back I see some scope for rotation between he, Santi, and Xhaka, at CB we can probably occasionally play Holding (please not Gabriel) instead of one of the two starters there, at LB and RB we are pretty short unfortunately.

Fact of the matter is we don’t have much real quality outside of the first XI, hence why I lament the Gnabry/Wilshere losses, especially the former.

2 Likes

Yeah I can see it happening in the cups obviously and perhaps against Ludgorets but damn that’s very little playing time, it was one of my fears concerning Holding that he simply won’t be getting game time whether it be at FB or CB, hope he doesn’t end up like Chambers.

Then again the team is playing so well at the moment it’s dicey to mix it up too much, sucks for the other guys but that’s how it is.

1 Like

I’m hoping that what we see is Lucas being able to play the Walcott role pretty effectively, Ramsey being able to play the Iwobi role, and then some ability to rotate our four CMs (Santi/Xhaka/Coquelin/Elneny). I also don’t think we lose too much with Gibbs for Monreal and agree that hopefully Holding shows some capacity for spelling Kostafi.

Basically, the three indispensible players are Ozil, Sanchez, and Bellerin. Its hard to imagine us playing quite the same way without any of those three, although we might find temporary solutions to get by. If we lose any of them for an extended period of time, we are boned.

1 Like

Yeah I kinda worry about that too, especially because you get the feeling Wenger will play Gabriel, or Mertesacker when he’s back, instead of Holding when Kos/Mustafi is not available. Hopefully we sell or put Gabriel on loan this winter. He’s dead weight.

Chambers I think is just an idiot/not good, he looked good in his first few performances but let’s not forget he also had moments of rashness in those matches which we excused because of his youth, well I think less than being down to his youth it turns out that’s just his brain. The Ox of defenders is the feeling I get from him, saw highlights of him doing his rash/idiot thing on MotD for Boro the other day. But early days yet.

If we can lose Gabriel and maybe push Mertesacker into the Arteta zone of being practically a player coach, I really like the depth of Holding and Bielik behind Kos/Mustafi. Maybe send Holding out on loan and bring Chambers back in to be our 3rd CB next season if his performance improves for Boro.

Cazorla

No rotation, as we have a two-week rest after this game.

I agree.
Pick the best in form players and get the job done.

1 Like

Tougher and more physical than Basel are Burnley and if we can weather the storm we should pick them off like we did with Forest . no time for chopping and changing line ups but if your going to swap perez for sanchez. 3-1 to the Arsenal .

1 Like

Love this line up. What’s the deal with the bench tho?

1 Like

75% of people didn’t guess that lineup?

Who did they ask? Loose Women?

1 Like

75 percent of twitter users are idiots? I think that math checks out tbh.

That bench is shocking for attacking. Are Perez & Giroud injured?

EDIT: Well, Giroud still is… Hmm.

Why isn’t Lucas there… odd.

1 Like

Great line-up! C’mon Arsenal!

It’s because he is here! Liking posts and loving life!

3 Likes

Lucas has a slight knee injury @Bl1nk @Persona

1 Like

Please don’t let this be the game we’re we need to bring on attacking options.