Chelsea Vs Arsenal (PL)

We sold him to fund Auba

With Auba, we’re still getting the same results. I’m not going to be churlish enough to say one player should turn us around completely, but the whole Auba-Giroud, Arsenal-Dortmund-Chelsea merry go round ought to have resulted in an improvement. It hasn’t.

Looks like he’s running his contract down anyways.

1 Like

Nonsense.

Hopefully :henry2:

Don’t have any opinion on the game as I haven’t watched it, but the result doesn’t change my opinion that we’re still in the hunt for 3rd place

Wtf

Elaborate then.

Let me give you an example. Someone on this thread called Auba world class. The moment that sticks out for me is the Carling Cup final last Feb against Man City. Auba has a chance in 3 mins against a top quality side. Point blank. Hits it straight at the keeper. World class means he scores in a situation like that, with all the gravity surrounding the game

I didn’t think Mkhi had a bad game? I’ve been one of his biggest pessimists when we signed him but today he was one of the few who produced some goods where it mattered.

On the whole, my thoughts in a nutshell…

Laca’s attempts to make up for his pass was pathetic. He had 2 chances to make amends but instead poked his leg half heartedly twice.

Like I said last week after the City game, the lack of urgency at times (especially towards the end) is frustrating to watch. Regardless of the Laca mistake that final goal looked inevitable. We couldn’t get the ball in that last half hour and our defenders’ jogging back to close down Alonso when he was through on the wing was infuriating.

We’ve seen much worser performances in these sort of games in recent years though

1 Like

Auba is a top 3 striker in the league with Agüero and Kane.

Fine. Thats your opinion, but I think it’s bullshit. And I think every objective football fan would agree

:+1:.

Judge him in May.

I am judging by each game and I don’t want him sacked to be fair.

Well at least under Wenger we would have…

Oh. Right.

Have some patience, dickheads.

4 Likes

and the end of the day it was a highly entertaining game beteween two teams in big transition. Chelsea JUST about edged, but they are so many positives to take from the game in an arsenal perspective.

It was never going to be a simple task getting anything from these first two games and lady luck didnt exactly bless us today. If we play like today against any team in the big 6 we win. We will only get better from now on and i have no doubt that we will actually challenge for top 4 this season.

The project needs time and people who cant understand this should find another sport to follow. Ever fan with half a brain knows how this team have been “Wengerized” and the amount of work that needs to correct the endless amount of flaws made by Wenger.

Keep the faith and support the lads. We will only grow as a team and get better game by game. Future is bright COYG

6 Likes

It’s a fair view but the defence is very, very worrying.

Smaller teams will punish us too, we’re all over the shop.

6 Likes

Just play “the less shit” players to limit the damage.

1 Like

:facepalm:

It will balance out over the course of the season. Calm down luca

if it is like that at the end of the season then i will start to worry