Child Abuse in Football

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

Sick as fuck if he knew and said nothing

Crewe as a club have been very strange throughout this investigation.
Refused to comment after the findings and the only club who didnā€™t apologise the other day. Where also reluctant and didnā€™t volunteer much for the investigation.

I think any club that doesnā€™t cooperate fully should be expelled from the league.

Born in the 60s and growing up all those years ago the whole approach to paedophiles was shameful. People like Jimmy Saville getting away with it for years. Everyone knew and turned a blind eye.

Even at my school one lad had his dad in a relationship with his older sister and nothing got done about it. He ended up living with his grandmother to get away from his dad.

We had an art teacher who used to tickle and touch up the kids. God knows what else he was doing. Only got sacked many years later when it all came out. Absolutely shameful approach back then. Paedophiles found it far too easy to become teachers etc.

I ended up running HR in a 1600 person company once and we found a team member (an ex teacher) who was a convicted paedophile but had changed name and concealed it all when he joined us. Was gravitating towards young adults even though in his forties. He shat the bed when I confronted him with what weā€™d discovered and when I started investigating he resigned immediately before I could sack him.

Dirty bastard had also remarried to a 16 year old straight after he got out of prison when he was 40. Then was trying to get in with the teenagers in his church choir. Completely unreformed after his prison sentence as far as I could see. Was being investigated by the authorities again.

If I had my way Iā€™d have them all castrated and sent to prison forever or hung.

3 Likes

Only fair I should point out that Crewe Alexandra have apologised now to the victims after an earlier post by me that they had not.
Still think some of their behaviour has been strange but nevertheless not for me to wrongfully accuse them of something that they had in effect done.

1 Like

I strongly suspect some at the club knew something wasnā€™t right at the time. Expect people at the club now are a generation on but they seem to have been slow coming forward and playing with a defensive bat. My guess is that there may be something that they neglectfully brushed under the carpet in the past.

Just like for those still being brought to justice now for their part in the holocaust I think the long arm of the law must also go back through the mists of time to charge old paedophiles and those who were complicit in turning a blind eye.

To rob a child of their childhood by sexually abusing them is disgusting beyond belief and no punishment is sufficient in my book. Football clubs must be deeply repentant for allowing paedophile coaches to ply their trade in abuse for all those years.

1 Like

Itā€™s scary to think of how little checks were done at that time in many walks of life.
Wonā€™t be just football. All sports and institutions will have been mixed up in this.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s very true. I also hate the way so many others turned a blind eye to it for years and failed to follow up on the rumours that swirled around at the time refusing to believe the poor kids who tried to be brave enough to out it at the time.

1 Like

Just watched Paul Stewart on live TV break down about his dadā€™s deterioration and blame himself for.
Heartbreaking to see and totally wrong of course but horrible to witness.
Football darkest secret starts tonight and not gping to be an easy watch. As someone who loved football then I somehow feel I have to watch this. Horrible people.

5 Likes

Been watching this this evening. Episodes 1 and 2. Itā€™s both a horrible watch, but an important one. Itā€™s horrific. Paul Stewart should be proud of himself though, for firstly telling his story, and then allowing Daniel Taylor to name him in the story. Without him, others wouldnā€™t have come forward.

2 Likes

It literally ruins lives. These men donā€™t understand what itā€™s like to have a childhood. An innocence. You only get one shot at this existence and when a paedophile ruins that, itā€™s a crime that words donā€™t do justice.

A huge well done to those who spoke out. Even if there are others out there who feel they donā€™t want to be known publically, at least they can now feel safer in a network.

Bless these guys, literally.

5 Likes

These men have achieved possibly more off the pitch than anybody could on it.
Theyā€™ve exposed a nightmare so others can live the dream.
So cruel and so unfair but so bloody brave. Football dare not forget these men.

4 Likes

Yes I think itā€™s so hard for victims of such crimes to speak out and the way they spoke about the guilt they feel even though theyā€™re the victims is an eye opener. Think this also pretty much applies to adult rape and sexual assault victims to a large degree too.

Itā€™s so sad and so wrong and as Iā€™ve said before Iā€™d castrate the perpetrators and hang them if I had my way.

3 Likes

Did you watch the programme?

Castrating them is probably a tad unnecessary if youā€™re going to hang them :man_shrugging:

Plus miscarriages of justice are a thing, I think it is best not to irreversibly physically harm people or kill them just in case.

1 Like

You could say the same about quartering them after hanging them.

Ooh The Hung, Drawn & Quartered pub in the city is one of my faves by the way.

1 Like

Of course, but I would also point that out if someone on OA was advocating for it as their favoured punishment :grin:

Thatā€™s less than 2 minutes from my office, though Iā€™ve never been there. I might have to if its that highly recommended!

Iā€™ll avoid it from now on then

You must work right where my main office used to be/still is sometimes. I worked on Lower Thames Street.

2 Likes

My job is now permanently home based so you can keep it as your favoured haunt :grin:

Yeah, my head office is practically the same building as Fenchurch Street Station.

Loved working round there. Best mates all worked around Bank/Pool St, lots of good places to eat, decent enough choices of where to drink, right by the river etc.

3 Likes

Yep, noncesā€¦ the ones that act and the ones that share media deserve death. Fuck them, they donā€™t deserve life.

2 Likes