Chuba Akpom

Why do you say that? Looks to have pushed on from that one performance. Iwobi a good example of how fast someone can improve.

Iwobi broke into the first team and made the most of his appearances when he was 19, and by the looks for things this season he’s made some improvements to his game. Akpom is 21 this October and not really had any standout loan spells, even at Hull where he got alot of game time he only managed 3 goals in 14 starts and 35 appearances as mainly a CF in a team that was at the top end of the table in terms of goals scored.

21 is usually an important evaluation age where the club measure progress and come to a decision whether to stick or twist, writing is on the wall for him at this stage. He’s wasting his time in PL 2 when he could be establishing himself at another level. He should look at Afobe as a good example really, even his fellow loanee at Hull Hayden saw the light, now he’s doing really well at Newcastle so far and Hayden by far is a more talented player than Akpom.

I personally don’t rate Akpom’s style of play either, He’s a very lightweight poacher basically. He doesn’t really offer much else besides pace and “finishing” we’ve never actually see at first team level. He doesn’t really excel in terms of technique or link up, dribbling is average, not great in the air, there’s no real physical aspect to his game, he could do alot better with his timed runs and intelligence in general.

It must be really difficult to leave the club you support and have been at for years but at this point, league 1 is his level. For the sake of his career she should have left this summer tbh

2 Likes

Can see him taking Campbell’s role as like 4th/5th choice winger for us, which judging by his performance against Forest isn’t necessarily a bad thing. At the end of the day he chose to stay and fight for a place which must mean something.

He surprised me with his passing ability in that game tbh. Something we hadn’t really seen in his game before.

Already a better winger than that fraud Chamberlain

Yeah, he has no chance of making it here. Iwobi was a unique case, it ain’t happening for Akpom, @sevchenko has got it right .

2 Likes

:thinking: Really Alex? Lol

Lol surely Nelson is the stock answer to that question.

Though Akpom did score for the U23s last night. He’s not on loan anymore, people!

1 Like

Probably just good mates lol

1 Like

There’s also a smashing young chap called Debuchy who we should be seeing in the first team set up any day now.

1 Like

1 Like

He looks thinner on those picture above, he was a little chubby before

He should be end product as of today, he is either ready or next june is time to let him go.

We should have gotten rid of him 2 summer ago. Couldn’t even score Championship.

3 Likes

Why is he still here?

You could say that for a number of people at arsenal luca hah

1 Like

Can we legit terminate his contract now?

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/957961508683739136

Finally gone!

2 Likes

It’s not often these days that an Arsenal player moves to a club I’ve actually never heard of.

Fair play Chuba, you got me.

7 Likes

He’s so shit. Good riddance

3 Likes

Rip Chuba. Best name I have ever heard in my life though.

Chuba Akpom.

Fucking love it.

To think I shat my pants(hyperbole) when Barcelona offered him a trial.
or was it Benk Afobe.