Donyell Malen

never heard of that musah guy

I could be wrong but, from what I understand, there isn’t much we could have done about Musah or Malen. Musah wanted to play professionally immediately as a 16-year-old (and get paid to do it) and Malen turned down a bunch of big clubs because he wanted to go back to Holland.

Gnabry was a massive fuckup.

Bennacer I don’t really know enough about, he wasn’t all that highly rated when he was with us, the question is whether we missed what should have been an obvious talent or whether he just bloomed late.

I don’t think we missed out on much with Jeff although we probably should have given him more chances.

Kamara is another player that probably makes our first team squad right now, although not the first eleven.

2 Likes

Musah just committed to playing for the USA. It was a pretty big coup as he basically walks into a starting XI in my mind.

It’s a shame he’s at Valencia watching Peter Lim just burn the place to the ground.

The one that hurts the most is Gnabry though. Maybe because Arsene botched it so badly. Big guy didn’t whiff on many but he missed hard on Serge.

1 Like

They are the model we should follow tbh. With more money to take the odd chance or sign the top star every so often.

2 Likes

Oh no doubt about it. It’s never as clear cut as it seems it’s just an interesting observation on where a lot of our young players over the last few years have ended up.

1 Like

I didn’t think Malen looked all that at the Euros. No doubt BVB will turn him into a £70m sale in a couple of seasons

4 Likes

The year is 2024. England are still riding high after a WC/Euro double. Trump is running for President from jail. Malen and Liverpool knock Mikel Arteta’s relegation battling Arsenal out of the FA Cup.

2 Likes

I think Malen will be a solid player for Dortmund. Great transfer.

1% sell on clause :thinking::rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Covers one week of Willian’s wages lol

1% sell on clause :arteta:

6 Likes

Doubt it’s a sell on. Probably something to do with him being below a certain age and the academy compensation stuff.

2 Likes

I had to find out how much we sold Malen for.

Did we not think to add any clauses based on future performance? smh

1 Like

Insanity. Guys like Malen, Gnabry, JRA actually had good reputations too so you’d have hedged a bet on their talents and included some type of buy back / sell on clause if you’re letting them go for the kind of sums we let them go for

5 Likes

Honestly think Wenger had just lost the plot by that point and didn’t care about anything other than trying to get back into top four and salvage his reputation. Every decision he made that summer was terrible other than selling Ox.

-Buying Laca for 50m then buying another expensive CF a few months later
-Turning down 60m from City for Alexis about to go into the last year of his contract
-Bidding 90m for Lemar (!!!)
-Letting Malen walk for nothing
-Signing Kola to huge wages bc he was free

7 Likes

Huss Fahmy is also bald. Fraudulent behaviour.

Dicky would never.

2 Likes

And he didn’t even want to do that. :facepalm:

2 Likes

Tried to be like Chelsea, selling good youths for big name players like, checks notes Lacazette.

Somewhere in California a guy is sorting out a load of emojis.

6 Likes

Sweet sweet business savvy of our clowns.

1 Like